Chapter 223: With You Around, I Wouldn't Dare to Get Sick

Being able to secure the endorsement for Mont Blanc made Jooeun truly happy from the depths of her heart. The words she had said to Tomasetta weren't merely for the sake of winning the endorsement, but because she really did like Mont Blanc's road to success. Sometimes, being a spokesperson also depended on fate.

Jooeun pulled out her phone, tempted to give Jeonghwan a phone call, but Germany and Seoul had a time difference of 7 hours. She assumed, at this time, he was most likely resting.

After hesitating for a few moments, she ended up sending Jeonghwan a message: "I've secured the endorsement."

Jooeun did not expect him to reply, but he surprisingly called her straight away.

Jooeun was filled with joy, but the words that came from her mouth were slightly unhappy. "Just because I'm not around, does that mean you can work until late without getting any rest?"

"It's because I knew you would definitely succeed, so I was waiting for your phone call." Jeonghwan sat up and leaned back on the bedhead as he replied.

"You really weren't working?"

Jeonghwan had no choice but to turn on the video chat. "Are you rest assured now?"

"Hwan, being able to secure this endorsement makes me so happy."

"I knew you would be really happy." Jeonghwan said with a deeper meaning. He had a sufficient understanding of Jooeun and knew she would definitely like the Mont Blanc brand. That's why he even considered this endorsement for her in the first place and even called Tomasetta to fight for the opportunity. Reality proved that everything he did, did not go to waste.

"Are you feeling better?"

"I'm fine now. With you around, I wouldn't dare to get sick." Jooeun smiled.

At a time like this, Jeonghwan was so tempted to be by her side. He wanted to pat her on the head and show his support. But because of the project with Samsung, it wasn't likely he'd get the chance to fly to her side any time soon.

The couple conversed sweetly on the phone as Changwook and Minjung knowingly left the hotel suite. However, because they were triggered by Jooeun, they both started thinking of the person in their heart.

Minjung even started wondering, if she was to give Taejoo a call at this time, how he would react.

After returning to her suite, she sat on the bed and thought for a while. In the end, she called Taejoo – but he didn't pick up. She put down her phone. She felt she was overthinking things. It wasn't like they were in a real relationship. So in the middle of the night, what obligation did he have to pick up her phone?

After taking a deep breath, Minjung reminded herself to control her feelings before putting down her phone and heading into the bathroom. However, while she was showering, she heard the sound of her phone ringing. Disregarding her wet soapy body, she immediately rushed out of the bathroom. Seeing it was a phone call from Taejoo, she was so excited she immediately picked up the phone.

"Taejoo!"

"What is it?"

As soon as she heard his raspy voice, she could tell he was still half asleep. She wanted to tell him Jooeun had successfully secured the endorsement. But on second thought, Boss was happy to hear the news because he was Jooeun's husband, but Taejoo, what did Jooeun mean to him?

So Minjung opened and closed her mouth, but no words came out. Instead, because she was cold from her soapy body, she ended up sneezing.

"Did you catch the flu?" Taejoo quickly asked.

Minjung heard the caring tone in Taejoo's voice and smiled like a child with candy. "No, I didn't catch the flu."

"Oh, that's good. If you don't have anything else, I'm going to go back to sleep. You should get some rest too."

"OK." Minjung hung up the phone with a silly smile. Actually, she had a lot she wanted to say, but remembering it was the middle of the night and the fact that Taejoo worked hard during the day, she didn't feel right to continue bothering him.

However, as soon as she hung up the phone, she started to feel lonely. She suddenly felt extremely lonely. But she knew how to console herself. Since Taejoo picked up the phone in the middle of the night, did that mean, in his heart, she was special to him?

The truth was Taejoo was sleeping soundly when he heard his phone ring. He automatically reached for his phone to see the caller ID. If it was someone else, he would have hung up without hesitation, unless it was his boss. But after seeing Minjung's name, even though he didn't pick up, he ended up calling her back. On top of that, after hanging up the phone, he found his original sleepiness had completely faded. Could it be he was missing something?

Taejoo dragged his heavy head back to bed. In reality, he wasn't the type to make exceptions for others. After all, his workplace was GK. Everything at GK followed formalities. It was only when it came to Minjung that he wanted to make an exception! He only made an exception for her!

Covered in soap, Minjung sat down in the living room for quite some time. As a result, the next day when she woke up, she actually caught the flu. Her voice was so hoarse, she could barely say a word.

Seeing her in discomfort, Jooeun looked at her questioningly. "Last night..."

"What about last night?" Minjung avoided Jooeun's gaze guiltily. There was no way she was going to admit to catching the flu because of the phone call she made to Taejoo.

Jooeun let out a gentle laugh. Deep down she knew exactly what Minjung was thinking. To her, Minjung was like a blank piece of paper. "Do you want me to call Taejoo Oppa over?"

"Jooeun, you have both Director Ji and I by your side, isn't that enough? Taejoo has his own work to do."

"When did you and Taejoo become like a family?"

"Let's get going, we need to go sign your contract." Minjung sneezed as she covered her mouth with a mask. The weather was cold and Jooeun had just recovered from being ill, she couldn't allow her to catch the flu.

Jooeun did not respond. But on the way to Mont Blanc, she sent Taejoo a message.

"What happened between you and Minjung unnie last night? She caught a really bad flu..."

Taejoo was confused. "We simply made a phone call..."

Jooeun made a recording of Minjung coughing and sent it to Taejoo. "When she returned to her suite yesterday, she was still fine."

Seeing Jooeun's message, Taejoo was a little flustered. What did Minjung catching the flu have to do with their phone call?

Actually, Jooeun's hint was extremely obvious. She couldn't be any more straightforward. After all, this was Minjung and Taejoo's business. It's just sometimes, while the involved parties were still confused, those watching would start to feel impatient.

Not long after, the trio arrived at Mont Blanc's headquarters ready to head in and sign Jooeun's contract. However, Irene Kim and her manager had arrived before them. As soon as they saw each other, they were both surprised.

Everyone knew that Mont Blanc only had one spot for an Asian model. If they were here to sign a contract, what was the other person doing here?

Of course, because Irene Kim's manager received a phone call from Tomasetta's assistant, she thought Irene Kim had the endorsement in the bag. As for Jooeun...

"Hasn't there been a rumor going around? I heard someone likes playing tricks. If we look at the companies that have been messed up one after another, we can see how terrifying she is. However, if one can't win, then they can't win..."