Chapter 226: You're Not Sleeping with Me?

This decision was not within the scope of Jooeun's control, so she felt a little scared. Jeonghwan was of course the best. He was unique and no one else could compare. But she couldn't anticipate how the public would react. Would being her manager affect him negatively? Above all, Jeonghwan's work was what worried Jooeun the most.

However, Mont Blanc did not give Jooeun time to dwell on this thought. After signing their contract, that very afternoon, they jumped straight into shooting their commercial.

As she was working with Western models, Jooeun was lacking in physical strength in comparison, especially since her stomach was still unwell. After 6 hours of continuous work, Jooeun was obviously struggling to keep up.

Minjung felt a little anxious. There were a few times she requested the photographer for a short break, but he either ignored her or told her everyone was currently working hard and Jooeun wasn't the only one that was tired. Being in a foreign land, when it came to matters like this, Minjung felt powerless as a mere assistant.

However, from beginning to end, Jooeun endured through one take after another. Because of mistakes made by other models she had to film some scenes multiple times.

"Jooeun, are you OK?" Minjung asked in between takes as she handed her some warm water.

Jooeun placed her hand on her own cheek and nodded. "I should be able to hold on."

"This was clearly not in the contract. Do these Western models have a death wish?" Just as Minjung's angered words left her mouth a loud 'BANG' echoed through the set. A relatively skinny model had fainted. "Did she just faint?"

"Isn't this a common sight?" Jooeun handed her cup back to Minjung with an unfazed expression.

"Does this mean you can get some rest now? Come on, come on, back to work!" the photography staff called.

Minjung lowered her head to look at Jooeun's feet. 7-8 hours of wearing heels, how torturous.

"What's wrong? I've done things like this in the past. Just because Jeonghwan is now my manager, does that mean I am more precious than before?" Jooeun looked amusingly at Minjung. In the past, she had experienced shoots that were even more demanding and in more of a rush than this, how did this compare?

"But it's been 8 hours!"

"Don't worry, I can handle it." After speaking, Jooeun was just about to have her makeup retouched, when suddenly she felt a strong tug on her arm.

Jooeun was stunned. So was Minjung.

Actually, everyone present was in shock. An extremely distinguished man had appeared on the photography set.

The set filled with whispers. Some people were surprised while some whistled at his appearance, thinking he was also a model. In fact, they thought he was a top-tier model. However, Jeonghwan simply pulled Jooeun over and gestured her to sit on the side.

Jooeun struggled a little as she looked into Jeonghwan's black diamond-like eyes. It only took a few seconds before she gave up and obediently sat on the chair, leaving everything for this man to handle.

Minjung was so excited she clapped secretly to herself. Now that Boss was here, Jooeun's savior had arrived.

As anticipated, Jeonghwan simply walked over to the photographer and said, "It has been stated in Article 3.2 and 6.4 of the contract that Cha Jooeun's work hours are from 8 AM until 6 PM. If you need to work beyond these hours, it should not exceed 2 hours. Did you want to breach the contract?"

In order to speed up the shoot, the photographer had indeed denied the models of their rightful resting hours. But none of the Western models opened their mouths to protest. So the photographer replied. "Everyone is working hard towards finishing this shoot. Did you expect everyone to wait for Cha Jooeun?"

"Just because they are willing to be oppressed by you, it's their problem. Our Cha Jooeun is different. We will work according to the contract."

After speaking, Jeonghwan turned around and approached Jooeun as everyone gasped. "Can you still walk?"

Jooeun looked down at her heels. Just as she was about to respond, Jeonghwan wrapped his arm around her waist and carried her horizontally.

"Hey, all this time we've been speaking, you haven't told us who you are." the photographer chased after them. He had only been told that Cha Jooeun had brought along an assistant and a few bodyguards.

"Cha Jooeun's manager."

Minjung snuck in a smile as she followed behind the two. After bullying Boss' wife like this, it would surprising if he wasn't upset. It goes without saying, Minjung was once again amazed by Jeonghwan. During the contract signing, Changwook was the one that had read through the contract. Yet, according to Boss' confidence when he recalled the terms, it flowed out of his mouth smoothly as he had completely memorized it.

Jooeun leaned into Jeonghwan's embrace as he placed her into the car. Seeing the angry expression on his face, she couldn't help but ask. "Are you really going to be my manager?"

"What other choice do I have, Miss Cha?" Jeonghwan asked as he started driving.

Normally he would call her 'Mrs. Lee'. It seemed, he really made a clear distinction between work and personal life. His "manager's aura" could immediately be felt.

"Now that work is over, can Manager Lee finish up?"

Jeonghwan turned his head to look at Jooeun as he let out a sigh. He couldn't bear to blame her for what had happened. Towards the person he loved, even if he was angry, he wouldn't be able to say any harsh words.

Not long after, they returned to the hotel.

As soon as they entered the hotel suite, Jeonghwan directly pressed Jooeun on the bed and forced a kiss on her lips. After savoring her for a while, he finally moved away and knelt beside the bed to help her remove her shoes. Seeing her heels and soles were covered in blisters and sores, his heart broke.

Not long after, Jooeun sat up from the bed and approached Jeonghwan from behind to wrap her arms around his neck as her body pressed against his...

"I have not seen your feet in a good state before. You knew the photographer was being oppressive, why did you continue to work?"

Hearing his complaints, Jooeun suddenly laughed. "While I was working, everything was bad. My feet hurt, my stomach hurt and my head was dizzy. But after seeing you, everything's better."

Jeonghwan felt helpless, he couldn't continue to be angry at her. With his back still facing her, he stood up and walked over to the floor-to-ceiling window. "I won't allow anyone to bully you ever again."

"During the shoot, if I was to retaliate, I was bound to make the photographer and other models dislike me. I wasn't sure what they might do behind the scenes. So before you arrived, I could only select the safest option. I'm sure you understand. Plus Manager Lee, hurry and get off work. You talk too much. I want my husband back."

With his back to her, he gently shook his head a few times. "How could you complain that I'm talking too much, when have you ever seen me care so much about another person?"

"Don't think about it too much, let's go have a bath."

Jeonghwan stopped talking. He knew Jooeun was tired. So after having a bath together, he carried her out and placed her on the bed. "I'm staying opposite, if you need anything, give me a call."

Jooeun was immediately wide-awake. "You're not sleeping with me?"

"During your working period, let's stick to the contract." Jeonghwan tucked her into bed and turned off the lights.

Jooeun watched as Jeonghwan left and smiled. All the fear she originally felt had completely disappeared...