Chapter 250: If GK Can Support Her, Can't They Also Step on Her?

This time, Jooeun and her opponent was evenly matched in terms of professionalism. They each had their strengths. But when it came to achievements, Jooeun definitely fell behind.

Sungkyung had the numbers to beat Jooeun and also went through a legendary period in her career. These two points greatly highlighted Jooeun's disadvantages.

So for Jooeun, Sungkyung was her greatest opponent on the domestic runway. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like she would ever catch up. In fact, Sungkyung probably didn't even consider Jooeun as a worthy opponent!

Minjung monitored the silly poll online and ran to Jooeun's side excitedly. "Have you seen this poll? It asks people to choose between curvy body and long legs."

Jooeun was reading a book. She glanced at the laptop briefly and noticed she had received double the amount of votes in comparison to Lee Sungkyung. She then turned back to the book. "Lee Sungkyung exceeds me in so many aspects. The votes seem untrustworthy. If the votes were cast by experts, I would definitely get zero."

"Why would you say that?" Minjung put away her laptop cheerfully. The fans were already in favor of Jooeun, yet she was lowering her own prestige.

"It isn't necessary to put down others just because they are an opponent – I am merely speaking the truth. This is no different to a good-looking actor receiving an acting award just because they are popular, do you think they would acknowledge themselves?" Jooeun closed up the book in her lap and spoke in a serious tone. "There's no need to belittle ourselves, but we also need to see the truth. Lee Sungkyung's future isn't limited to what she has now. Whereas I..."

"What about you?"

"We have different goals. Help me tell my fans to maintain a low profile. I once pushed Park Shinhye to her destruction, do you want me to have the same fate?"

The entertainment industry was a revolving game of high stepping on low. Today, one may step on another, but tomorrow, they may turn into the one being stepped on. The industry was never lacking in talent and distinctive skills. No matter how good one was, there was always someone better – no one ever remained number one forever.

"Is it necessary to make yourself sound so unpraiseworthy?"

"Don't tell me you've never taken notice of Lee Sungkyung?" Jooeun reopened her book and returned her focus to it.

Of course, with Jooeun's prompt, Minjung quickly knelt beside the sofa and opened her laptop. She frantically tried to understand what type of person Lee Sungkyung was. Eventually, she understood what Jooeun meant.

Jooeun had always insisted on keeping a low profile. Her calmness was her key to victory. It seemed, at all times, she was aware of her position and could quickly assess her enemies.

"Something's wrong Jooeun. Just a moment ago, there were less than 10,000 votes, how did it suddenly jump to 100,000? On top of that, all the comments are in favor of you." Minjung quickly showed Jooeun the poll once again. "Don't tell me you were right, I suddenly sense a conspiracy."

Jooeun looked at the laptop. Indeed, there was something weird.

Meanwhile, Jeonghwan was in his office and had noticed the exaggerated votes. He closed up his laptop and gave Jooeun a phone call. "Don't worry, I'll handle it."

"I'm not worried about myself." Jooeun replied. "According to Lee Sungkyung's current status, she could leave at any time. I'm worried she may put you in a difficult position. You're the almighty president, yet you overlooked the model in the first place and jumped straight into being the manager of third place. If I was her, I also wouldn't understand."

"Oh?" Jeonghwan suddenly chuckled as he asked Jooeun in a doubtful tone. "What could she possibly do to put me in a difficult position?"

"Perhaps, she might force you to be her manager as well."

"Mrs. Cha, do I sense jealousy?" Jeonghwan tried to act serious, but his eyes looked slightly amused. "If GK can support her, can't they also step on her? GK doesn't usually bother with things like this, but it also depends on who we are dealing with. Over the years, those that have played tricks, cheated, climbed into beds, accepted bribes, none of them have slipped through my fingers. If GK has the ability to elevate them, we can also make them not see the light of day."

Jeonghwan spoke firmly and with certainty. If Lee Sungkyung really thought of herself as someone important, she was welcome to test the consequences.

"But isn't she your bargaining chip against SM?"

"Mrs. Cha, if GK can create one Lee Sungkyung, they can also create another."

"So are you going to manage me and train me like another Lee Sungkyung?" Jooeun asked in a confused tone.

"I've never managed Lee Sungkyung ..."

Jooeun laughed. Although Jeonghwan wasn't by her side to comfort her and hug her, simply knowing she was the only one in his heart was enough.

After speaking to Jooeun on the phone, Jeonghwan instructed Taejoo to contact the developers of the website and get them to remove the poll. This way, any paid fake commenters would no longer have access to it.

Of course, Taejoo acted immediately and the poll was quickly removed. Soomin, who was sitting in front of her computer endlessly refreshing the poll, clenched her teeth in anger. The poll was merely flooded with votes and comments for 10 minutes before Jeonghwan completely uprooted it.

Soomin was of course too afraid to post up another poll. She was afraid of getting exposed. Luckily, she had captured a screenshot on her phone. So she showed it to Sungkyung.

"What's this?"

"Votes from netizens." Soomin tried to stay composed. "Just a moment ago, the poll reached 100,000 votes. But it's been removed now."

Sungkyung browsed through the comments as her hands trembled in anger.

"Cha Jooeun's fans have been defaming you in public, are you going to tolerate it?" Soomin retrieved her phone from Sungkyung's hands and sighed. "I know you are taking President Lee into consideration, but even President Lee is on Cha Jooeun's side."

"What do you want me to do then?"

"You should definitely prove your status in GK." Soomin exclaimed. "We had no choice in the past because President Lee never involved himself with artist's matters. But things are different now. Since he decided to become a manager, with your qualifications and a manager like him, you guys will make the strongest team. For someone at Cha Jooeun's level, it should be sufficient enough for her to share a manager with Im Yoona."

"Are you telling me to lower myself and go beg President Lee to be my manager?" Sungkyung stared at Soomin. She felt her suggestion was a bit surprising.

"How would you be lowering yourself? If you don't know how to bring it up, I can go speak to President Lee and test the waters for you." Soomin's words were tempting as she directly targeted Sungkyung's innermost desires. "When he finally becomes your manager, the two of you can grow closer."

Sungkyung couldn't say she wasn't tempted. Just like Soomin had said, in the past, Jeonghwan had never involved himself in artist's matters, so she never found an excuse to demand anything. But now that he had stepped out and become a manager, how was she any less than Cha Jooeun? So she silently consented to have Soomin test Jeonghwan. She could endure most things, but having her status shaken, was not one of them.

She didn't want to break up the unity in GK that had taken many years to develop. But Cha Jooeun's appearance had already messed up the balance!