Chapter 249: Are You a Spy From SM?

"Sungkyung, what is President Lee thinking?" her manager asked curiously. "Where did she come from? How did she manage to make President Lee her personal manager? Even when it came to you, President Lee never paid much attention."

"How would I know?"

"You've helped GK suppress SM for so many years, don't tell me President Lee hasn't noticed?"

"It's frustrating, don't talk about it anymore." Sungkyung put on her headphones, crossed her arms, and closed her eyes.

"Actually, you could have left GK ages ago. Sungkyung, what else can GK give you? You have already reached the pinnacle."

"If you don't shut up, then get out." Sungkyung kept her eyes closed. Her mood was stale. Why hadn't she left GK? Apart from Lee Jeonghwan, what other reason did she have? In the past, she hadn't heard any scandals about Lee Jeonghwan, so she was quite rest assured. At least, if he didn't pick her, he didn't pick anyone else either. But now, Cha Jooeun suddenly appeared out of nowhere. She even got the support of the entire GK and Lee Jeonghwan.

If she had stayed overseas for another year or so, would she have completely lost her status in GK?

"I found some information about Cha Jooeun, do you want to see it? Earlier today, she went on Go Show and used President Lee as a selling point the entire time. Don't you think a woman like this is a little dangerous?"

Sungkyung finally opened her eyes and received the laptop from her manager. However, she didn't have the patience to look into Jooeun in detail. She simply scanned her eyes over the information and returned the laptop to her manager, Soomin.

Within this vain industry, no one's youth could withstand the test of time. So being able to find a stable person for support was something everyone in the industry took into consideration.

Jeonghwan was the object of many women's pursuit. They weren't wrong to have this desire. However, some were further from their goal than others.

Within GK, Sungkyung was pretty much the closest woman to Jeonghwan. However, today she suddenly realized that no matter how high she climbed and how much she achieved, she and Jeonghwan would never be on the same page. This realization put her into a panic and made her unsure of what to do.

"Sungkyung, you have a phone call from Yoona."

"Ignore it!"

"But rumor has it, Yoona and Cha Jooeun are really close." Soomin explained.

Sungkyung took a deep breath and calmed herself down before picking up the phone. "Lee Sungkyung speaking."

"You've returned today, haven't you? Do you want to meet up later?" Yoona suggested. "I haven't seen you in almost half a year. Last time we only briefly saw each overseas on the runway."

"I don't want to meet up today. I'm a bit tired." Sungkyung rejected. However, after thinking for a second, she sat up straight and asked, "What's with this Cha Jooeun? Where did she come from? Why did President Lee become her manager?"

The entire motive behind Yoona's phone call was not actually to ask her to dinner. She actually wanted to test Sungkyung's attitude towards Jooeun. Someone who pursued her career away from GK, was her heart still with them? As expected, Sungkyung was obviously displeased with Jooeun.

"This is President Lee's matter, how would I know what's going on?" Yoona passed the responsibility to Jeonghwan and decided not to mention Jooeun in front of Sungkyung.

"In that case, I'll hang up now and get some rest."

Yoona put down her phone and suddenly felt a little worried for Jooeun. All these years, Sungkyung had a proud existence in GK. With the sudden appearance of Jooeun as a threat, there was no way she'd be willing to accept it. Even though GK was generally quite united, Sungkyung barely shared her thoughts with others. Whether she was going to cause trouble for Jooeun was beyond anyone's control.

"Sungkyung, if you feel that your status is being threatened at GK, we can always change to SM!" her manager suggested.

Sungkyung crossed her arms and glared at her manager. "Are you a spy from SM?"

Soomin was dumbfounded. Was she being too obvious? In reality, Sungkyung wasn't dumb, she was just a bit showy, but that was her personality. So as soon as her manager made this suggestion, she had her suspicions.

"Recently, I feel like you've been encouraging me to change agencies quite often."

"Sungkyung, you're thinking too much into it. I simply feel things are unfair for you. If he wanted to be someone's personal manager, he should have chosen you." her manager quickly tried to explain. "I need to find a way to figure out what exactly happened."

Soomin put away her laptop and looked out the window. According to Sungkyung's temper, igniting her fuse was an easy task. Although her status was high, Cha Jooeun was currently a harvester of popularity. If the two women were to be compared, Cha Jooeun may not necessarily lose. If Sungkyung was to witness this result, would she be able to handle it?

Midnight.

Soomin finally dragged her exhausted body home. However, as soon as she walked in through the front door, she felt a strong body embrace her. Blazing with passion, the two quickly found themselves in bed together.

After their intense activity, the man hugged Soomin and asked, "You've been Lee Sungkyung's manager for so long, how come you still haven't succeeded?"

Soomin lay in bed and scoffed. "She's been trained by GK for a long time, after all. How could she be so easily swayed?"

"But the sudden appearance of Cha Jooeun can definitely be used to our advantage."

"I'll let you handle it. Keep your grasp on the time. Lately, under GK's suppression, SM has suffered hopelessly. GK directly threw Irene Kim into the depths of hell without caring about SM's pride. The board of directors is fired up, if we manage to poach Lee Sungkyung at this time, I will definitely become the boss of the marketing department."

"I will go post up a poll: Cha Jooeun Vs Lee Sungkyung. I'm confident this will ignite a battle." Soomin wrapped herself in a robe and walked over to the computer desk. Earlier today, her intention was to put a tear between Sungkyung and GK. But now, with Cha Jooeun, she wouldn't need to exhaust so much energy. Soomin didn't always start off on SM's side. It was after she started dating this man that she slowly shifted. After all, what she wanted most was love. 

The man was pleased as he hugged her from behind and placed a kiss on the back of her neck. "My dearest, you have worked hard."

[The National Treasure Model Lee Sungkyung Vs The Popular Famed Model Cha Jooeun: Who Matches Your Standard of Beauty? Long Legs or Curvy Body: What's Your Choice?]

A poll like this appeared to be a joke from fans, but it contained too many hidden messages.

Fans did not take it seriously, they simply voted for fun. Because of Cha Jooeun and Lee Jeonghwan's relationship and the fact that Lee Sungkyung was often overseas, the majority decided to support Jooeun. Only a small amount of people felt there was no comparison between Cha Jooeun and their National Treasure.

"When Sungkyung was on the Victoria's Secret Runway, Cha Jooeun was still rolling around in bed with some sleazebag. Cha Jooeun is indeed better than others, but when compared to Sungkyung, there is a long stretch!"