Chapter 251: Two Types of People

The poll incident didn't create too much of a splash because fans were still preoccupied with Jeonghwan and Jooeun's relationship. It seemed, as long as an answer wasn't given, this obsession would continue for quite some time. However, Soomin didn't care. As long as Sungkyung saw the results of the poll, her efforts would not go to waste.

Because Sungkyung had agreed to her suggestion, as soon as they returned to GK, Soomin requested a meeting with Jeonghwan.

Changwook gave Jeonghwan an internal call on behalf of Soomin and received his approval.

"Sungkyung, I will definitely try my best, don't worry." Before heading upstairs, Soomin gazed into Sungkyung's eyes. Soomin's eyes contained an unusually passionate sincerity.

Sungkyung responded the way she always did, she simply nodded her head in a casual manner. It was not until Soomin disappeared from her sight that she put away her phone and approached Changwook.

"I want to listen to what she says."

Changwook shrugged his shoulders and escorted Sungkyung up to the top floor a few moments behind Soomin.

CEO's office.

From the moment she stepped foot into the office, Soomin sat on the sofa with her head lowered. She didn't have the courage to look at Jeonghwan. This man had total control over the life and death of an artist. She could be eternally doomed with one simple word from his mouth. But she had already gotten to this point. She could no longer turn back.

If Jeonghwan was to find out she was the one putting a wedge between Sungkyung and GK, she had no idea or control over how her fate would end up. Since she had decided to take the first step, from now on, she had no choice but to continue.

So Soomin contained her beating heart as she spoke in a quivering voice. "President Lee..."

"Speak..." Jeonghwan leaned back on the sofa. He was wearing a brown suit that accentuated his built physique.

Before marrying Jooeun, his clothes consisted mainly of dark grey. But ever since Jooeun took joy in picking out his clothes, his style started to change. Whatever she chose, he would wear it. His entire body was covered with the warmth from her fingertips, allowing him to feel warm and protected even in the harsh winter and dark entertainment industry.

"Sungkyung was a bit unhappy last night after returning to Seoul." Soomin posed her first concern. "Although she didn't say anything, I could tell she was uncomfortable with President Lee becoming Cha Jooeun's manager."

"What does my decision to be Cha Jooeun's manager have to do with her?" Jeonghwan asked her with a piercing glare.

She was so intimidated, she looked away. Not many people could face Jeonghwan without feeling scared.

"Honestly, SM has given Sungkyung multiple offers, but she's never been moved by them because she is a grateful person. She's achieved an irreplaceable status through her hard work. Yet upon her first day returning to Seoul, she was bullied by Cha Jooeun's fans. President Lee, as Sungkyung's manager, I simply hope you won't care for one thing and lose sight of another."

"Get to the point!" Jeonghwan had no interest in her lengthy speech.

"Since President Lee has already decided to be Cha Jooeun's manager, then you should also consider taking care of Sungkyung. Although she is loyal to GK, I can sense she is having an internal battle with herself. SM's offer is extremely generous. She even met up with SM's heir last week. I'm afraid Sungkyung may lose her confidence in GK because of everything that's happened. Not to mention, after returning to Seoul, she was bullied by a ruthless newcomer."

Jeonghwan sat up. His eyes were fired up. In actual fact, he knew all along what Soomin's motive was, but hearing it in person was another thing. It was quite amusing.

Ruthless? Did she just say his wife was a ruthless newcomer?

"If I become Lee Sungkyung's manager, what will become of you?" Jeonghwan asked in an interested tone. "I've never met a manager willing to give up on themselves for the sake of their artist. I never knew you were so generous."

"I...I simply want Sungkyung to get what she deserves."

"So me becoming her manager is what she deserves?"

"Uh-huh!"

Jeonghwan remained silent for a couple of seconds before standing up and saying in a cold tone. "You are indeed no longer suitable to be Lee Sungkyung's manager."

He then said directly towards the doorway. "Sungkyung, come in and deal with your manager."

Soomin had no idea Sungkyung was standing outside the door. Her face turned pale. Her trembling hands gripped tightly to the hem of her skirt as she tried desperately to conceal her nervousness.

Afterwards, Sungkyung entered the office with her arms crossed. After greeting Jeonghwan, she lifted her hand and threw a slap across Soomin's face.

"When did I meet up with SM's heir? And when have SM given me offers? Soomin, did you think just because I have a bad temper, I am also stupid? Do you know where you slipped up? With my current status, there is a long line of people waiting to be my manager, yet you were willing to give it up. Are you kidding me?"

Soomin's face went from pale to red. It was unusually entertaining to see. She had no words to refute...

At this time, Sungkyung turned to face Jeonghwan. "Soomin is my manager, I want to take her back and deal with her myself!"

"You go out first, leave Soomin behind." Jeonghwan replied in an icy cold tone.

He had a simple reason for leaving her behind. She had bad-mouthed Jooeun.

Sungkyung originally had questions she wanted to ask, but since Jeonghwan had made a request, she had no choice but to obediently leave the room.

Soomin held onto her cheek as tears poured down her cheeks, looking pitiful. However, for Jeonghwan, there were only two types of people in this world. There's Jooeun, and there's everyone else.

"It seems like you still haven't realized who the boss of this industry is."

"Pr...President Lee...I..."

"Do you know what mistake you have made?" Jeonghwan lifted his head with an intimidating gaze. "Look at me."

"I...I don't know." Soomin was so frightened her whole body was trembling and her voice was shaky.

"Describe Cha Jooeun for me again."

Soomin thought about what she said earlier, on how she called Cha Jooeun a ruthless newcomer.

"I don't care what you are scheming behind-the-scenes and what tricks you have up your sleeves. Nothing is as horrible as the way you described Cha Jooeun."

"I..."

"The people at SM not only bought you out, they must have also boosted your confidence. Otherwise, how would you have the courage to negotiate with me directly?" Jeonghwan sat down on his office chair and continued. "Although you aren't a suitable manager for Sungkyung, I have still decided to keep you by her side."

Soomin's eyes flew wide open. "No, President Lee! Sungkyung will torture me to death."

"You have no choice in the matter. Let's see if you will bad-mouth Cha Jooeun ever again!"