Chapter 10~ Paint Me Golden

Waking up with all forgiven and not a burden in the world was something everyone envied. You were one of the lucky ones to have that. The Saturday morning sun shines through the silk curtains bouncing off the walls of you and Cordelia's shared bedroom. A few birds that sat on the tree in front of the window sang their morning song. A rustle of movement followed by a low groan made your head turn. Cordelia's eyes fluttered gently, soon opening them to view the world for another day.

"Good morning you." A sleepy smile painted her face as she wrapped an arm around your torso, giving you a light kiss. "Morning." You scrunched your nose smiling, only to return her gestures. All was perfect. With it being the weekend all responsibilities were put aside meaning you could spend all day in bed together, but you had a slightly better idea. Sliding out of the bed you made your way to the bathroom filling up the bathtub. When the water temperature was just right you tossed a few rose petals and Cordelia's favorite essential oils, and bath salts in with it.

You walked back over to the bed taking her hand in yours lifting her up. "Come here." You guided the two of you into the bathroom. Cordelia saw the pampered tub. "You're the sweetest." She wrapped her arms around you once again.
You left to go get another towel, seeing there was only one in the closet. When you came back Cordelia was already in the bath with her eyes closed with the the most surreal beauty. "Aren't you joining me?" She gave a smirk as you nodded.

After freeing yourself of clothes, you slid in laying your back on Cordelia's bare front. Your fingers intertwined with hers, along with your legs tangled together. While Delia played with your hair she gave frequent kisses on the top of your head and cheeks. "Y/N?" Her movements stopped. You lifted your head off of her shoulder. "What?" You asked. "I've been thinking." This is never good. You've heard that phrase a few too many times. There was a fifty fifty chance it was going to actually be good whatever came next.

"I've been observing your paintings and the out comes of all of them." Now suddenly this didnt sound like horrible news. "Would you be willing to paint my portrait for the ancestor room?" Knowing well she meant her "Supreme Portrait" that every generation that was welcomed into the coven would see. "If it's too much pressure-" No, of course I will." Cordelia cupped your face before kissing your lips softly feeling her smile against you as she whispered a small thank you.

After the two of you got out of the bath, you got dressed and headed to the room where all of the former supremes portraits hung. Brushing your hand against each one. Oils, Acrylics, Water Color? Interesting choice. What stood out to you was that each painting had a different artist. With each supreme came a creator. Someone who could alive the dead with a few strokes of a brush. Now it was your turn. There was a blank spot on one of the walls with Cordelia's name in a golden plaque patiently waiting for a creation to hover above it. Tears began to fill your eyes at the thought of Cordelia being completely faded away. She was staring to look more grey toned and her cheekbones were becoming a little more prominent. But that smile never faded.

A familiar pair of arms wrapped around your waist resting a head on your shoulder. "What's wrong?" Her voice spoke out. Wiping the small tears you turned around putting your hands on Cordelia's shoulders. "Nothing. You ready?" You asked she nodded her head. Cordelia followed you into the main room of the coven where lied your easel, every paint color imaginable, and a variety of different size brushes.

You began to sketch out the blondes outline; her eyes, where her hair laid on her shoulders, the folds in her clothes etc. you glanced at her every other second trying to get everything about her perfect. It's what she deserved after all she's done for the coven. Swiping the pencil against the canvas material, you looked at Cordelia who kept pulling funny faces to ease your tension. "Y/N, it's alright. Remember to breath."

She was right. You tended to stop breathing when you stressed, then let it all out in one huff. Breathe. breathe. Okay. After what seemed like forever, the pencil sketch was complete. Now it was time for the step that brings the painting to life. Usually you would be eager to, but the thought of messing it all and make Delia think this was all a mistake, causing your breathing to slow. You closed your eyes not noticing Cordelia crouching down holding your hands. "Look at me, y/n I know you can do this. You will always cease to amaze me."

Breathe, 1.2.3. Okay. Cordelia sat back down on the chair in front of you. Your paint pallet consisted of yellow and golden tones with hints of brown and shades of pink hues. You found yourself subconsciously filling in her cheekbones and adding more color to her face, bringing the golden light back into her eyes to remind people of the happier times when the beloved supreme was well.

After hours of mixing, swishing here and there, it was done. You had never been so proud of something in your life. You gave Cordelia the cue that she could get up from that chair she had been in for hours. She walked over behind you, hands on your shoulders and tears in her eyes. "I love it. I'm so proud of you." She whispered through her watery eyes. You brought the painting to the ancestral room to hang above the plague for everyone to admire when she was no longer here.

Suddenly Cordelia took a tight grip on your arm as she looked dizzy. "Dee?" With her eyes closed she fell against you falling into an unconscious state. The tears from earlier came back but this time it was pure panic. "CORDELIA?!"
------------

-a/n shes stunned by y/n's talent (?) No. It's all just sad after this chapter. </3