Chapter 9~Believe from the Start

Misty was in fact gone. Her belongings that once took home in your old room were packed up with no sign that she was there. The clock read 5:30am. You hadn't slept for two days. How could you? After all you did just tear two best friends away because you were jealous when you had  absolutely nothing to worry about.  Cordelia was always true to her words, should have believed that from the start. Even though Cordelia would tell you that it's not your fault you had every right to be upset, this over bearing weight of guilt still hovered over you.

       I need to make things right.

    Sneaking out, you began to walk to Mistys shack. Knowing Cordelia didn't like it when anyone left without telling her let alone before sunrise, it was only a 20 minute walk and you didn't plan on being gone long giving you just barely enough time to return before she woke up.

A hundred and one doubts ran through your head. What if she can't forgive me? What if she can forgive me but not Cordelia for letting me get my way and separating them. The last thing you wanted was for Misty to be upset with Cordelia, then have her disappointed in you, but say she's fine.

The swamp wasn't too far in the distance. Before you knew it there Misty was, watering her plants that were just starting to sprout. You peered behind a tree waiting for the right moment, but mostly working up the courage. Do it for Delia. Kept repeating in your mind. Taking a deep breath you made yourself known by stepping on a stick that had fallen. The blonde whipped her head around. "Y/N?" Misty questioned. Of course she didn't expect you to be here especially at this time in the morning. "What brings you here?" Her gaze returned to the little sprouts in the earth.

"I came to apologize for the past week." She looked at you with not one sign of annoyance towards you. "Come inside." Mistys tone was gentle, a kind spirit she was no doubt. She sat you down at a table with her across from her. "I was a bitch. And I'm not going to hide it. I'm also not going to bring my past issues into this because frankly that's not any excuse for the way I acted." Mistys hands laid on top of yours. "Y/N, I completely understand. And I get it. Feelings like that are hard to keep down. "

This was going easier then you initially thought it would. "I guess I thought she would leave me for you. The girls said you two had a special connection before me." You trailed off looking at the wood floor. "Honey, she talks about you like you're the one that puts the stars in the sky. If anyone was tearing anyone apart it was me. Y/N, she really loves you. So don't beat yourself up about it."

    So she wasn't lying? Should have believed her from the start . Hearing Mistys side of the story was all you needed to truly feel comfortable and suddenly that weight of guilt and immaturity was lifted off of you. "I'm sorry for causing the misunderstanding."

The moment of silence was broken and your eyes met the blondes again. "I'm sorry too." You ended with a hug, walking  back outside you started your way home as Misty tended back to her plants. "Misty?" You called out. "Yeah?" She turned around looking back at you. "You can come by anytime. You don't have to be out here alone." Misty gave an accepting smile "I appreciate that. Thank you." Giving a nod you finished your way back to the coven.

    Looking at the watch on your wrist, realizing you had been gone longer then expected so you ran as fast as you could to stop Cordelia from worrying about your whereabouts knowing she had been awake for a while by now.

    Finally arriving back at the front gates of the academy, you burst through the door meeting Cordelia sitting on the stairs with her head in her hands. When your eyes met she ran towards you, bringing you close into her kissing the top of your head. "You really do love me" You whispered into her chest. Cordelia lifted your head up with her hands, cupping your face. "Yes, of course I do." She smiled through her tears of joy.

             ~I believe you now~

-A/N- this chapter is unusually short BUT in my defense- I was procrastinating and I have about 7 chapters (or so)  until the book is over so I had to plan those out.
<3