Chapter 7~ For Better or Worse

It's been six months since you and Cordelia called it official. Delia decided that it was better to lay low at first so you two didn't tell anyone you were together. Come to your suprise all the girls were very supportive when you eventually broke the news, though they weren't shocked because you and Cordelia were too obvious. Madison's first reaction was "I knew you two were screwing on the side." Myrtle was the most excited, she is technically responsible for your relationship.

    During these six months some not so great things had happened. Nan had passed suddenly. It had been a day or two before anyone really started to worry. When Cordelia said that she couldn't hear her anymore we all knew what happened.

    At her funeral a quote was said; "when something fades away, something will almost always replace it for the better or worse."
  That was something you'd never forget. Especially today.

You woke up to an empty bed. Usually Cordelia would cuddle you or play with your hair until you woke up so you could go downstairs together. Today was not the case. A sudden scream caused you to jolt out of bed, finding Cordelia cupping a girls face with her palms. You were too far away to see exactly who it was. Cordelia met your eyes as you came down the staircase telling you to come here with a motion of her hand. "Nan?" How can this be? The girl died months ago. "Why are you here?" Cordelia asked the question you were pondering. "I have something for you." Nan gave the supreme a smile as if she was proud of what was about to walk through the door.

    The front door opened up to this blinding light, almost as if the sun was walking into the Coven. A silhouette of someone was becoming more clear as they got closer. A blonde with wavy hair and blue eyes like the morning sky stood before Cordelia. She looked like the woman in the frame on Delias desk next to yours. "Misty?" The blondes hugged each other like it was they first time reunited...well it was. They broke from the hug, Cordelia put her hands on your shoulders, "Misty, this is Y/N." She ended it there. Usually Cordelia would like to show you off using the girlfriend label to anyone you met. This time she didn't. Shaking Mistys hand shyly, she gave a smile.

Cordelia had talked about Misty before but it was a very brief conversation. As time went on you learned that the two were extremely close but Misty died preforming the seven wonders leaving Delia heartbroken. It would be a lie if you said you weren't worried about the swamp witch being back, not sure if any unresolved feelings would come up between the two. Cordelia wouldn't hurt me like that. Would she?

"Y/N? You comin?" Snapping you out of your headspace Misty asked in her thick southern accent if you would be joining them in the greenhouse. "Uh-." Not knowing if you'd be interrupting anything, you looked at Cordelia for reassurance but she was too busy staring at Misty. "I'll let you guys catch up." Cordelia pulled away from you grabbing Mistys hand.
Cant say that didn't hurt.

    It was coming to be about dinner time, you hadn't seen Cordelia since this morning, which is unlike her. She made it a priority to periodically check on your throughout the day. A knock brought you back. Putting a paint brush down you opened the door hoping it was your girlfriend. "Zoe?" Nope no girlfriend. "Did you know Misty was back?!" The brunette came into your room glancing at the unfinished canvas. "I'm well aware." You tended back to the painting. "Oh, do you know where Cordelia is?" How many questions does she have? "No. Maybe she's still in the Greenhouse." Starting to get stern with the girl she backed off a little. "Well, dinner is ready." Zoe left.

    Walking downstairs to the dinning room you hoped that Misty would have went home by now- nope she was sitting at your spot at the table next to Cordelia. Delia gave you a smile like it was nothing, raising an eyebrow you sat at the opposite end next to Zoe giving Misty a dirty look the entire dinner.

    What's wrong? Great now she's in your head. Nothing- y/n, I know when something is bothering you. Ignoring her response you ate very little which Cordelia frowned upon. You didn't engage in any conversation tonight, just watched Cordelia practically ghost you with occasional waves of jealousy wash over you. She was unknowingly feeding into your trust issues. When you were about 10 your father abandoned you with your mother after he promised that he'd take you with him, he knew how she was yet he didn't do a thing about it. You never told a soul about this even Cordelia. That's why you suddenly feel like your girlfriend abandoned you for a long lost friendship.

    Pushing the plate away, you headed back to your room as everyone watched, hoping Cordelia would follow you but she stayed put.

    It had been an hour before Cordelia came in the room to check on you. "Y/N?" Her tone was gentle. You laid in the bed pretending to be asleep to avoid her overbearing questions. Feeling her movement in the bed she took a lock of your hair twirling it between her fingers "what's wrong sweetheart?" She had believed your act thinking you couldn't hear her. A knock broke the silence. "Ms Cordelia?" It was Misty of course. "Oh right you need a bed." Cordelia lead Misty into your old room which still held your paintings, it was your art studio. "I'm sure y/n won't mind, just don't touch anything." Now she's sleeping in MY room?! 

     Delia came back and ended up going to work on her office. You laid there until it was for sure that Cordelia was gone before you went down to the library and slept there instead.
———————

-y/n is being difficult a little too soon. Sorry if they sound like a bitch but—— it will get better eventually.