44. Toby

Chapter 44: Toby

"I see you made it, old sport!" Owen cheers from the entrance as he and Milo rush into each other's arms for a hug, giggling like two school teens who just met after summer break.

"I fucking missed you, prick!"

How it all began:

—Seven Months Ago.

"Come on, guys! We need to be faster!" A young man's voice resonated through the tight tunnel as he rushed the seven boys outside of the facility.

"Milo, we can't go faster! The boys are hungry and tired!" Abby whispered into his ear as they looked back at the sweating humans they were trying to break free from the enslavement house.

"And if we stop, they will be dead!" He hisses at her as he holds his torch up, noticing the fatigue and the fear adorning their innocent faces, making him sigh in defeat. "Five minutes and we continue!" He announces and takes off his back back to pass everyone a small bottle of water.

They all fall against the walls of the tunnel, breathing heavily and smiling weakly at the bottles of water. They had been walking for more than two hours and the tunnel seemed endless but there was no other way, they had to get as far as possible from the facility or the dark fairies would detect them as soon as they get above the grounds.

It wasn't Milo's first time at jobs like this but this one was the hardest gig he ever had, the facility was highly secured and sealed with very strong fairy magic, which made it almost impenetrable. Yet, with Abby's shapeshifting abilities and Milo's tight plan, they managed to take the weakest and sickest boys.

"You need to loosen up," Abby slaps her hand in his shoulder as he paces back and forth, ready for any sort of attack.

"I will be when we are safely out of the city," he glares at her and although she was physically more fit to lead them, she trusted his skills and airtight tactics to get them out in one piece.

"We will, like we do, each time." She reassures him with a smile and he breathes in deeply, he needed to hear those words.

He nods at her and looks at the boys while clapping, "Chop chop, this ain't the Earthworms fanclub, we've gotta move faster," he starts pulling them by the arms, ignoring their groans of protest but they eventually comply and they start walking again.

Two hours and three stops later, they reach the end of the tunnel and they all run collectively to the steel ladder, adrenaline pumping through their veins as they reach their destination.

They were finally going to have their freedom.

Milo goes up first, he was the only one to have the safe code to open the round metallic door above them, he punches in the ten digits he memorizes by heart and the circular door opens with a beep.

Fresh air hits his nostrils as he lifts his body into the living room of his operation house in the outskirts of the city but his victory is short lived when he notices a dozen of men standing around him.

"What the he-" he doesn't get any time to react before he is pulled up and thrown into the ground harshly.

"For a human, you sure as hell are crafty," A man sitting on the centre of his living room speaks first as two men hold him by the arms.

He notices his brothers floating in two bubbles in on the side but he decides to cancel the terror he was feeling.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Milo's tone doesn't give away any emotion, making the stranger smile further more.