20. Dreams

Chapter 20: Dreams

Hours had past and the two captives were still stuck in that loophole. Reviving the memory again and again, London's body was dried of his tears as he relaxed against Milo's small frame.

Milo, on the other hand, was putting all of his focusing on rocking London's body back and forth and caressing his back, with the intent of being there for him through his mental breakdown.

"London, you can't stay like this... We need to figure a way out..." He whispered gently into his ear and squeezing him tighter.

He wasn't expecting a response as he has been trying to talk to him for hours and nothing worked. The weather never changed, the sun was still high up in the sky, every littl detail about the scene stayed the same and nothing Milo could do or say would change that.

London was the only one with the ability to get them out of that hell and that's all Milo deduced. He kept thinking about the riddle that witch left them but he could quite grasp the meaning behind it.

It shall be on the day the lost heir returns, a secret man shall cause an age of failing corps and a new fury.

The lost heir, could that possibly be London? Why did these men slaughter this woman? And why did they make the boy witness it and drink it?

Milo's thoughts were interrupted when London's sniffles suddenly stopped. He was falling asleep.

At first, the human smiled and kissed his forehead, hoping that some sleep might do him good and help him feel better when suddenly, he panicked.

He remembered that they were currently existing inside of London's mind and memories, if his consciousness sleeps... Nothing could guarantee what would happen.

"No no no, no, London, hey... Hey, wake up!!" The fright in Milo's tone was apparent when he started slapping London's to wake him up.

"Don't bail on me, dude. Not cool." A hot stream of tears started running down his rosy cheeks as his hands trembled. "You... You can't fucking die, wake up." The tears soon turned into sobs and wails.

"There is a way you can help him." Milo was surprised to hear a gentle voice speak behind him. He turns around to see the young boy who was previously playing young London.

Milo started drying his tears with the back of his sleeve and looking around sniffling. Through his blurry vision, he noticed that the loop was broken, the four men and the child version of London were circling them.

The woman however, was still laying dead few feet across.

"A... Anything..." Milo stuttered, not bothering to ask how the loop stopped or how any of it is happening.

It was obviously one of the witch's illusions but he didn't care, he was willing to do anything to save his new friend.

"His magic... " The child starts, kneeling by their side and putting his palm on Milo's heart. "It's inside of you, use it."

"H... How?? I don't know how! I'm barely human, how am I supposed to use powerful magic??" He sniffles, holding London tighter in his arms and looking hysterically at all of them.

"You will figure it out." Were the last words he whispered before turning into dust, along with the other men in white.

"No shit Sherlock!" Milo's angst was turning into rage. What was that supposed to mean, figure it out!? "Even as a kid, you were a fucking asshole!" Milo exclaimed while looking down at London's sleeping form.

They seemed to end up in that situation alot recently. London, passed out and on the verge of dying and Milo frying his brains to save him.

He didn't know what would happen to him if he used such a potent magic. Humans weren't supposed to hold that much cosmic power, it could destroy their body. For all he knew, using that magic to save London could accelerate his body's rejection of the magic.