29. Aftermath

Chapter 29: Aftermath.

After Toby successfully calmed Milo down, the four of them decided to take turns at watching him and shower one at a time.

The poor human, traumatized by the reflection in the mirror, refused to enter the bathroom or be left alone under any circumstances. Once they were all done, they check out of their suite and Malcolm suggests to take them home.

"We need to see Elijah." London sighs before Malcolm gets to create the portal.

"Why do you need to see Elijah?" Malcolm who was excited to ditch the fairies and spend some time alone with Milo rolls his eyes and turns around to look at the annoying leech.

"There is something we need to discuss," his eyes travel between Toby and Milo before settling on Malcolm.

"Do I look like your servant boy? I'm dropping you home and you can track him from there." He replies while materializing the black portal.

"It concerns Milo." Toby butts in and London kicks him in the ribs for revealing that part.

"About me?" Milo squints his eyebrows in confusion and Malcolm pulls the human behind his back in a blink.

"What about him?" Malcolm seethes through his teeth.

"I... I.." Toby soon regrets his rash actions when he takes in Malcolm defensive reaction, after all he didn't want his husband to be hurt, even if they weren't on good terms.

"He might know what happened to Milo back in that bathroom.." London jumps in to save the day and Malcolm's face is contorted with realization.

"Next time, lead with that." He takes Milo's hand in his and twirl his wrist in the air to create a circle in front of them.

Milo who was standing there silently obviously knew they were lying, the way they looked at each other nervously and how Toby lagged in front of Malcolm, they were definitely up to something.

Fortunately, for the three of them, Malcolm was too busy with holding Milo close to him and inspect every little detail around them to suspect anything.

They step into the portal to find that they're back into Malcolm's apartment in New Orleans, where he sets the bag he was carrying from Paris into his couch and walks to the fridge.

"Why did you bring us here?" London recognizes the place where he first met his brother in law and crunches his nose at the poorness of the lieux.

He couldn't understand why a rich man like himself would live such a low life. He could definitely afford something better.

Malcolm takes out four cold beers, offering them each a drink while he sips from his popped bottle.

"You asked me to train you so you could overtake Victor," he starts by lifting an eyebrow and indicates to the mirror standing by the far walls. "Mirrors are natural enhancers to a warlock's powers when we are learning how to create portals... You want to go home? Create your own portal." Malcolm shrugs, making the other three groan dramatically.

"I thought we were going to see Elijah!" Toby protests, backed up by the other two.

"We will, when London gets there." Malcolm smirks, raising a glass to London.

"Are we seriously going to let Milo's condition wait?" London sighs, dropping his arms dramatically by his sides.

"It's good exercise, learning under pressure." Malcolm smirks and takes Milo's hand again. "Come angel, let me show you around my humble home." He looks down at the human with a small and drags him out of the living room.