13. Miracles

If you enjoy this chapter, please don't forget to leave a vote and a comment to let me know what you think, it motivates me to write more often.

-

Chapter 13:

It all happened too fast, one second London was looking at him like he was the biggest mystery in the entire universe and suddenly a pair of soft, pink lips, attacked his. His entire body went stiff and his eyes looked at the fae's face in horror, his mind unable to believe that they were actually kissing.

"Wh-... What was that?" Milo barely whispered after the warmth of London's lips left his. Their faces were still inches apart and their breathes brushing against one another.

Warm brown eyes were staring into his green ones with so much curiosity, he never felt so naked and exposed. He hated himself for not slapping the enemy for assaulting him like that, but how can he when his own muscles refused to oblige?

"You talk too much," London breathed, his nose flirting with the mortal's and his right arm securing the smaller waist.

"Who do you think you are?" Milo chirped, using all the strength of his forearms to push the huge man away from him. "You aren't supposed to be kissing me, idiot!"

"You still enjoyed it," London winked, amused by the pink shade covering the human's soft cheeks, although, he knew it was mostly caused by the cold. A part of him wished it was caused by the kiss, mainly to feed his ego.

The stupefied look on Milo's face made the fairy think that his words had won their little bittering, therefore, he was unsuspecting of the open palm travelling towards his face. A couple seconds later, London's face was tilted to the side and his cheek burned from the slap he was served by the little mortal.

"You don't do that, ever again." Milo threatened, not giving him a chance to recover from the initial shock of the slap and pointing an accusing finger at his rock-hard chest. "You are without your magic, you are injured and homeless, I can fucking kill you if I wish." He bluffed through his teeth, trying hard to keep glaring at the man who just kissed him to make him look like a fool.

Milo hated it, he hated that he craved any kind of attention to fill the void in his life, he hated his body's reaction and even felt disgusted by it. He knew he was doomed to spend his entire life alone, and when Toby marked him, he felt hope. Behind the fear, behind the restlessness and the survival instinct that kicked in; he felt a tiny flame of hope ignite within his soul.

Only for it to die when he woke up in that lab.

Something happened, something happened that day and he knew it, he has been unable to feel hope, thus he refuses to believe that he could ever be cared for or loved, he shall live as long as he could, to experience the beauties of life and help as many people as he can, but never himself. Because he is unworthy of love.

And all that kiss had done, was remind him of how unworthy he is.

In that moment, as he stared at London's fuming face, he expected a reaction, he expected him to laugh, to hit him or threaten him but none of it happened. London didn't laugh at Milo for letting him kiss him, he didn't hit him back for the slap; heck, he didn't even speak.

He simply shifted around, facing the wall and laid down as gently as his wounds would allow, putting himself in a sleeping position with his two hands serving as his pillow and no further words were exchanged.

London was too tired, he was rather exhausted, he had a long day and he lost everything, he might lose his own life or magic soon and he was far from excited for the next day.

The cold and the wounds contributed to his fatigue generously and without further words, he closed his eyes, ready to surrender for sleep.

Milo, however, couldn't find it in him to fall asleep. He heard his companion's steady breath as time went by and the ground seemed too appealing, he wished to lay down and drift to sleep as well, more than anything else in the world. But, comfort is a luxury he couldn't afford; he had to stay vigilant.