10. Conceal

Published : January, 24th, 2021.
Edited : ...

-

AN: Last time I updated two days ago, we were at 100 reads and today we're at 200, I'm so fucking delighted. Thank you so so much, to everyone who is reading and voting. I'm forever grateful to each one for making me smile day to night.

I hope you will enjoy this chapter.

~

"Are we seriously going to do this?" Arrow's annoyance was evident on his features as everyone left the breakfast table to move into the living room.

Last night went in a blur and Milo has had the best sleep in years, the bed was more comfortable than he wished and he felt guilty for having such a good night's sleep. The voices in his head couldn't stop reminding him of the mess that became his life —from the moment he was forced to kidnap a light fae to the current situation where he will be forced to keep up with a dark fae for an entire week.

The last couple of days were eventful, it was too unrealistic for his liking.

"For the millionth time, Arrow, yes. Yes, we are going to do this." London groaned as the four of them walked into the living room where Victor previously prepared everything he needs.

Milo's eyes followed the lovers, blending in the background like usual, almost unnoticed by their eyes. He took in their morning attire individually, breakfast was awkward and he kept his head down, avoiding the intense glares but now that they started their daily arguing session, he allowed his eyes to wander.

Toby was the first to attract his attention, the pajamas he was still wearing looked much like the ones he borrowed him the previous night. He smiled at the thought of the best sleep he had in years, he doesn't recall waking up in the middle of the night or filling stiff in the morning, he also noticed that the bags under his eyes were less prominent when he washed his face, his face was beaming, his skin softer than usual.

The little human didn't know that Toby had used his magic to suck all his worries and troubles during that kiss that has been haunting both of them. However, he suspected something, especially now that Toby wouldn't break eye contact with him. Taking in every little detail about the boy.

Too distracted in their little bubble and standing few feet from each other, they both toned out London and Arrow's argument about the concealing spell.

Victor on the other hand was sitting in his sofa chair —Milo only concluded it was his because he didn't see anyone sit in it. He was too engrossed in his grand mother's grimoire, reading the spell, again and again, inspecting the cursive letters on the ragged book for any loophole.

As much as he was confident with his skills, London knew that his grandma's practice was unholy. She was powerful, cunning and she loved to challenge nature, which ended very badly for her.

Victor sighed, snapping his fingers to silence the annoying voices of his husbands who suddenly got words stuck in their throats, unable to mutter them. They looked at him simultaneously, more annoyed as he didn't bother to lift his eyes from the grimoire.

Toby and Milo looked at each other, giggling like schoolgirls, seemingly amused by the situation.

London wanted to scream and trash at the two youngest but he was drained and sat down by Arrow, anger radiating from both of them but not enough to make them sit apart from each other.

"Does he do it often?" Milo who found the guts to speak asked Toby in a hushed tone, hoping the conversation stays between them.

Toby was about to answer him but Victor beat him. "Only when they annoy me... which is often."