『Chapter 23』

❝𝚂𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎. 𝚂𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎. 𝚂𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎.❞
-𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻
___________

CHAPTER 23
Guns and Love
༺༻

Mikasa sat on the waiting chair, scrolling through the news, and texting her friends. Her life had returned to normal, and her father had slowly returned to his everyday life after almost being threatened to transfer all his money to the leader of the Impero.

It had been several weeks and the news about the Impero and Zeke had now become old news. Mikasa sighed and watched as patients met up with loved ones and family members and friends waited.

She felt a tap on her shoulder, and she turned her head to meet Armin, a small smile tugged at her lips. "Hey Armin." She casually greeted.

"Hey, sorry I was late. I was meeting up with Jean who's parking the car right now." He explained with a sheepish smile. "Do you want to go ahead and visit him? I can wait here for Jean and the others."

"A-Are you sure?" Mikasa asked.

"Yep, I know you've been here for a little over half an hour, dying to see your sleeping prince." Armin chuckled, nudging Mikasa.

A blush sprawled over Mikasas face as she looked away and grumbled. "Alright, I'll go on ahead. I'll see you then, Armin." She smiled and hurriedly made her way to Eren's hospital room.

The Blackett stared down at the ground, remembering when she had found out Eren had been admitted to the hospital.

Flashback

"S-So he's going to be alright?" Mikasa asked and the doctor gave her a reassuring nod, a small smile plastered on his face. Mikasa let out a sigh of relief and sat down.

"However, he us un a coma and I unfortunately do not know when he will wake up." He stated.

"Ok... that's alright... as long as he's ok now..." Mikasa said, a gently smile set on her face as she turned back to meet Eren's calm, sleeping face.

"Hey Mikasa!"

The Blackett turned around to meet Armin and Jean. She waved a little as the two males entered the room. "So, you heard the news?" Armin asked and she nodded.

"He's in a coma... but I'm sure he'll make it." She smiled.

Jean and Armin looked at one another. Since the fight with the Impero, the Diavolo had been getting rid of the remaining Impero members and Jean and Armin had been guarding Mikasa for a couple of weeks.

"You know... Mikasa..." Armin began getting her attention, "when Eren wakes up... we won't be staying here..."

"W-What do you mean?" Mikasa asked, shock and disbelief strained in her voice.

"What Armin means is that we'll moving back home after this. Afterall, we finish our mission. We guarded you from the Impero and our true mission was also to wipe out the Impero." Jean explained.

"At least that was the mission Eren gave to us while he was in charge of guarding you." Armin added and looked down at the ground.

"I'm still shocked Armin..." Jean muttered, breaking the silence that had come over them.