『Chapter 14』

❝𝚂𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚕𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎.❞
-𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻

____________

CHAPTER 14
Going out

༺༻

Eren slowly opened his eyes to only meet the little light that passed through the gap of his curtains. He groaned and turned to the other side. Flashbacks from yesterday played in his mind.

Right... I'm going out... with Mikasa... He thought wearily. A minute of silence later he sat up. Wait wot??? He asked himself.

"Eren!! Wake up! We're gonna go and hang out today, right?" Mikasa said knocking on his door.

"U-Uh... yeah! I'll be right there!" Eren yelled and ran his fingers through his soft, brown hair. Ah what the hell? Was I high on drugs yesterday or something to ask her such a ridiculous question??? I basically just asked her out on a date!!! Eren thought.

But wait! If she doesn't think that then that means I technically didn't- which means we're just going out as friends! Yeh! Eren thought, pretty convinced of his reasonable reason.

He quickly got out of bed and took out a change of clothes, once he had done so he took a quick shower and changed into a dark green shirt, a light grey furred jacket, black jeans and converse shoes.

"Yo, I'm ready." Eren grinned peering over Mikasa's shoulder to see what she was doing on her phone. "Oh? I see you and your father are getting along." He said.

"Wha-?!" Mikasa exclaimed and hid her phone. "Who said you could look!!"

"Me." Eren smiled and Mikasa punched him on the face. "Ow! That hurt~" He whined.

"Oh grow up!" Mikasa snapped her fingers and Eren grinned.

The two walked out of the house, locking the door behind them. They then walked down the street and towards the park. "Hey Mikasa, how are you and your dad doing?" Eren asked putting his hands behind his head.

"Hm... I think we're doing ok, I haven't really forgiven him for the things he did after my mother's death though..." Mikasa answered looking down at the ground.

Eren looked at Mikasa and smiled gently at her, "that's alright," he spoke softly, "there's no need to forgive him right away. Just take however much time you need."

Milasa raised her head and smiled brightly, "yeah you're right!" She exclaimed making Eren grin.

"Alright, let's go get something to eat." Eren suggested taking Mikasa's hand and running down the pathway.

"Huh? Wait! Where are we going to eat?" Mikasa asked, not all minding the fact Eren was holding her hand and running at an inhuman speed while casually weaving past other people.

"Its a cafe Reiner, Bert and I sometimes meet up," Eren answered and suddenly came to a stop making Mikasa run into his back, "ah woops, sorry!"

"Jeez! Be careful next time!!" Mikasa exclaimed rubbing her nose. Eren let out a light chuckle and crossed the road after waiting for several cars to pass by.

They then arrived at a café that was neither busy or quiet, Eren opened the door and let Mikasa enter first. The café was subtle and calming, the immediate aroma of coffee and food filled their noses.

"Hello! Just a table for you lovely couple?" The waiter asked with a sincere smile.

The looked at the waiter in confusion and Eren noticed his and Mikasa's fingers intertwined. "Ah!! No, no! You're mistaken, we-we're not together! Ahem... yes table for two..." Eren attempted to explain.

"Alright!" The waiter giggled and lead them to a table next to the window near the entrance. "Here are your menu's just give us shout when you're ready to order."

Eren smiled and nodded taking the menu's from her grasp and gave one to Mikasa who was clearly blushing. Once the waiter left Eren looked at Mikasa and chuckled.

"Hey Mikasa, you're a little red." He said resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"You shut up!" Mikasa hissed and Eren just grinned, proceeding to look at the menu.

After awhile they finally ordered and the two sat talking to one another about whatever came to mind.

▌│█║▌║▌║

Eren stretched his arms as they walked in the park. "Nothing like a nice walk in the park!" Eren let put a satisfied sigh as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Are you sure you're the same age as me?" Mikasa asked with a deadpan expression.

"Hey!" Eren growled.

"Just saying no need to be so pissed about it," Mikasa shrugged and smiled at the pouting brunett, "oh stop being a baby."

"Hah? You're the baby here! I have to babysit you!" Eren complained before ruffling his hair with his hand. "Anyways! Let's just..." Eren stopped and looked towards his right, spotting a child crying.

"Hm? Eren? What are you doing?" Mikasa asked approaching the brunett who slowly made his way over to the child. He knelt down to the child's height and smiled gently.

"Is something wrong, little one?" He asked, his tone; soft and gentle.

The child looked at Eren with fresh tears in her eyes. "M-My big brother l-left me!!" She cried and Eren wrapped his arms around her, letting her tears soak his shirt.

Mikasa frowned, looking at the child with a sympathetic expression.

"It's going to be ok, we'll find your big brother," Eren smiled picking the little girl up, "in the mean time, do you want to tell us what happened?"

Mikasa walked up to beside Eren as they listened in to her story. "I wanted to go buy ice cream but he didn't agree... s-so I cried and said bad things to me... t-then he left..." tears filled the child's eyes.

Eren frowned and patted her back as she cried. "It's ok, we say things we don't mean when we're mad. I'm sure your brother understands, you just need to know that you can't have everything." Eren explained.

The child sniffled and wiped away her tears, nodding.

Wow, he's actually good with kids? Mikasa thought a little surprised at how Eren was handling the child's situation. "Hey Mikasa, can you search the nearest police station?" Eren asked.

Mikasa nodded and pulled out her phone to search. The child in Eren's arms looked at the blackett, "is she your girlfriend?" She asked.

The two froze.

Mikasa almost dropped her phone where as Eren just let out a stutter. He regained his composure and cleared his throat, "n-no! She's just my friend." He smiled.

"Oh, there's a station nearby." Mikasa spoke looking away from Eren and the child, pointing in the direction of the police station.