『Chapter 16』

❝𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍.❞
-𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻
____________

CHAPTER 16
Before The Storm
༺༻

Eren rushed out of the house, locking it behind him. He ran down the street, past the pizza shop and across the road. He let out heavy breaths as he got closer and closer to the park.

His lungs felt cold, the cold air tainting his lungs making it hard for him to breathe a little. However, this did not stop the brunett as he urged himself to run across the road, nearly getting run over in the process.

He slowed his pace and walked to the centre of the park.

"So you really did come..." A low voice spoke.

Eren turned around and his eyes widened. The two tall figures stood before him. The taller male had Mikasa tied up with tape over her mouth. Anger welled up in Eren blood, glaring at the all too familiar males.

He gritted his teeth and swallowed hard. "Why...? Why would you two... of all people... how could you..?!" he took a deep breath and curled his hands into fists, "Reiner... Bertholdt...."

The tall, buff blonde just smirked and looked down at the brunett. "Bertholdt cover her ears, I do not think she needs to hear the Impero's plans." Reiner ordered.

The black haired teen nodded and covered Mikasa's ears. Reiner turned his attention back to Eren, his smirk still plastered on his face. "So... where do I start?" Reiner asked.

▌│█║▌║▌║

Jean jogged across the road, his music blasting to shut out the outside world. He let out breaths could visibly be seen by the eyes. His legs carried him around the park.

His focused eyes caught a glimpse of something weird. He quickly stopped and looked at the centre of the park. "W-What...?" He let out.

Confusion struck his mind at the sight of Reiner and Bertholdt who was holding a captured Mikasa. He then spotted Eren talking to Reiner. Despite being very far away, he could feel the anger leaking out of the brunett.

After a short while he gritted his teeth and sprinted to Eren's side. "Oy! Reiner, Bertholdt! What the fuck is going on here?" He bellowed in a demanding tone.

The two seemed a little shocked at the sudden appearance of Jean. However, Reiner quickly regained his composure and he smiled mockingly at Jean. "And the valiant horse arrives," Reiner chuckled, "mind telling the group that we're leaving?"

"Wha-?!" Jean stopped himself. "How could you?! You know leaving Diavolo is a taboo! You'll be paying with your fucking life!!! So why?! What reason do you and Bertholdt have to leave us?! Tell me god damn it!!"

"Its simple... the Impero simply gave us more than we thought," Reiner smiled and pointed at Jean, "don't worry once we take over this world we'll make sure you guys have a nice view of the people we kill."

"The people who defy us to be more specific." Bertholdt added.

Jean gritted his teeth and his nails dug into his flesh, drawing blood. "I thought... we were your friends... was everything we did together nothing!?" Jean yelled, "you re just gonna leave us because some fucked up Mafia offered you a better choice!? You fucking coward!! Go burn in hell-!!"

"Jean!"

The teen slightly jumped at the harsh mention of his name. He turned his head to see Eren's calm yet angered expression. His facial expression was calm yet his green eyes gleamed with anger.

"That's enough... if they want to leave then so be it..." Eren spoke, "however our top priority is Mikasa."

"But-"

Eren looked at Jean with cold, menacing eyes. A chill ran down Jeans spine as he watched Eren approach Reiner, "do what you like however, we will get you and the Impero will pay for all the sins you've committed."

Reiner looked down at Eren.

A light chuckle escaped his lips, "try as hard as you can... we'll prevail." Reiner said and turned his back. Jean, who was unable to contain his anger, lunged towards Bertholdt.

Reiner quickly ran in front of the tall, black haired male and his fist connected with Jeans gut. Blood escaped Jean's lips as he fell to the ground, groaning in pain. "Pathetic." Reiner laughed.

Jean looked up at Eren who did nothing but stand there. "What... are you doing!? G-Go... after them..!!" He coughed.

"No," Eren calmly said and grabbed Jean, "we're leaving."

"What the fuck?! No we're not! You said it yourself!! Mikasa is our top priority, so let's go save her-!!"

Eren let out a sigh, "I can't deal with you right now." He muttered and kneed Jean in the stomach making him fall to the ground, unconscious.

▌│█║▌║▌║

When Jean came to, he opened his eyes to an unfamiliar environment. He groaned and slowly say from the very comfortable couch he had been sleeping on.

"Finally awake?"

He turned his head to meet Eren's green eyes. Jean let out a growl and looked away, clearly still frustrated from the events that occured last night.

"I've informed everyone of the situation," Eren explained as everyone joined them in the living room, "we're going to take Mikasa back."

"How do you suppose we do that? Despite the fact that you had the best chance to do that yesterday! You were very capable of beating the shit out of Reiner and Bertholdt!!" Jean yelled standing up and walking towards him.

Jean grabbed Eren by the clothes and pulled him close. "And yet you did absolutely nothing! You fucking coward." Jean spat.

Eren looked down, his hair shadowing his eyes. "I know, however fighting blindly out of anger won't fucking help!" Eren scowled grabbing Jean by the wrist and gripping it tightly.

Jean flinched and groaned at the sudden surge of pain in his wrist. He let go of Eren and submitted to Eren's clear dominance in strength.

"Guys! Stop fighting!" Connie yelled. Eren glared at Jean before letting go of his wrist. He let out a sigh and looked over at Armin.

"Alright, let's revise the plan." He said as Jean got up and sat down to join the conversation.