01

- Sofia's pov -

First day of school back from winter break. I threw on gray sweatpants that cuffed at my ankles and a black crop top I cut myself I think. I heard Alyssa honk her car so I ran and grabbed my bag, threw on my white high top converse and flew out the door. 

"Finally!" she exclaimed. "I've been waiting for 1 minute and 24 seconds!" she said throwing hands up. 

I rolled my eyes before speaking up, "You've got to be kidding me."

"Oh I am not Soph!" she raised her voice. We just stared at each other for a second then started laughing. 

"Shut up and drive Al." I said.

As we pulled up to school, we saw the only four people who catch people's eyes wherever they step, Coal, Noah, Will, and Marco, standing against Coal's car. We both looked at each other and groaned. We started making our way to the doors to meet Luna and Riley, but of course, they had to make a comment to us. 

"You guys ready to loose more games than us?" Coal said raising his eyebrows. We both stopped in our tracks and turned to face them.

"Woah, did we make you guys mad?" Noah said putting a fake frown on his face while the other chuckled. 

I took a step forward. "You won't be laughing when we win every damn game." I said. Alyssa smirked at them, then we hooked arms then walked over to Riley and Luna who were giving the boys glares. 

"Did they make another cocky comment about the competition?" Riley said rolling her eyes. 

"They wouldn't dare." Luna said fake gasping, note the sarcasm. 

I took a deep breathe, trying to keep my anger in. "I swear, I am this close" I put my fingers less than a centimeter away from each other, "to punching that dick in the face." That dick, meaning Coal fucking Demartino. 

"Oh we are so kicking ass this season." Alyssa said. We all went inside and were talking about our classes and softball. When the bell rang we all separated and went to our first class. Mine was AP Physics. As I walked in, I made eye contact with none other than Coal. I just shrugged him off and didn't bother to hold his stare. I was tired of this. 

"Welcome back students, I hope you all had a wonderful break... but it is time to get back into the swing of things!" Miss Parie said. 

"Yay." I muttered sarcastically. 

She looked over at me. "Did you say something? Miss Miller?"

"Oh nothing, just that I hate school." I said. 

"Well your one of our top students-" I cut her off.

"I am the top student." I said. Ok, I probably sound like a bitch right now, but I take things I work hard for seriously.

"My bad, you are our top student, so either suck it up, or get out of my classroom dear." She said raising her eyebrows at me. 

I didn't care enough to cause a disruption so I just sat back and sulked into my seat. I could see Coal smirking at me, almost letting out a laugh, so I turned to face him.

"What are you looking at?" I ask defensively. 

"Just you getting told down by a teacher." he laughed. 

"Miss Miller, was I not clear enough?" Miss Parie said. 

I groaned. "But he started-" She cut me off. 

"I don't want to hear it, this is your last warning." she said. I turned my attention back to Coal who was almost choking on his silent laughter. I flipped him off then went back to taking notes.