37

Coal

"HURRY UP SLOWPOKES!!" Noah honks his horn from outside Sofia's house.

"Impatient much?!" Sofia yells back, carrying her suitcase out the door.

Sofia, Alyssa, Noah and I are riding in Noah's car while the rest are in Riley's car.

I didn't ask my parents to go on the trip since I haven't talked to them since I moved. They haven't even made an effort to check up on their only child.

Selfish fucks.

Sofia struggles to get the suitcase through the door, and I just sit back, amused.

She groans and looks at me, "You could help you know?"

"Oh I know, you need me." I shrug, picking up her suitcase and carrying it out to the car. I toss it into the back and Sofia and I slide into the seats.

"Finally!" Noah groans. Alyssa chuckles as she stares at an annoyed Noah.

They really were made for each other.

"Beach here we come!" Noah's chimes.

Mood swings much?

"What should we play?" Alyssa asks.

"Let me," Sofia says, connecting her phone to blue tooth.

After a few seconds, the music starts playing.

"Fuck no." I say at the same time that Alyssa says, "Hell yeah,"

"You don't like Moana?!" Sofia's eyes widen in disgust.

No Sofia, I don't like disney princess movies.

"No I'm not a kid." I shoot her a look.

She pats my shoulder, "Too bad."

They all start singing, including Noah. The windows are down, fucking "Your welcome" from Moana is playing, and Sofia is smiling.

Honestly, that tops everything.

I could sit here and watch her smile all day.

**

It's been about 30 minutes of non stop disney songs.

Sofia snuggles in her blanket and leans her head against the car window.

She yawns, and squirms around trying to get comfortable, but I can tell it's not working. Her opens her eyes and looks at me intently.

"Can I lay with you?" She asks softly.

"You don't have to ask," I narrow my eyes at her.

She nods and crawls next to me. Our legs are stretched out across the seats, and she drapes her leg over mine.

I wrap my arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. The blanket lays over us, as she nuzzles her face into my neck.

I kiss her forehead softly.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too." She says back, closing her eyelids.

A smile lights up my face. Hearing her say that she loves me gives me strength.

She is the only person who has told me they loved me in this world.

Well other than Noah and Luke.

Noah says it too everyone though.

There's something about Sofia and Luke. Their the only people who have ever understood me. Sofia always asks about my parents and if I want to talk, but I decline. I know she has her own problems and making her feel bad about mine is the worst thing I could do.