14

- Coal's pov -

When I got the call from Noah I didn't know what to expect. It was almost midnight, and it was so random. I went anyway and what I saw when I arrived was the last thing I expected. 

First off, why the hell were they all here together, and second off, what the fuck is wrong with Sofia?

She was just sitting on the ground, with blood all over her body. I could tell she was talking to the girls but it was so soft I couldn't hear what she was saying. The boys motioned for me to come over to them so I did. 

"What the fuck is going on?" I said. 

"Well, we were all walking out of the gas station and then saw Sofia just standing there, with cuts and blood all on her body." Will said. 

"What happened to her?" I asked. 

They all shrugged, "We don't know. It seems that the girl's know, but they won't tell us anything." Marco said. I just nodded. 

"Okay but what exactly were you guys and Alyssa, Luna and Riley doing here together?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Um, hanging out I guess..." Noah said, scratching the back of his neck. I just rolled my eyes, not caring enough to ask more questions. It's been so weird lately. 

We all watched as the girls tried to help Sofia up but Sofia quickly lost balance and her legs gave out, making her collapse onto the ground. 

"Shit." Will muttered. We all ran over to her. 

"One of you will have to carry her." Luna said, looking at us. Without hesitation I wrapped my arms around her body and lifted her up. She was so light, but so athletic. I brought her over to my car and set her down gently in the passenger seat. 

"I'll meet you guys at Riley's house okay?" I said and they all nodded. 

The drive back was silent. I didn't ask any questions because it looked like she didn't want to answer any. 

Once we got there, I carried her into the house, knowing that she would be too limp to walk balanced. 

"Take her to the bathroom." Riley said as she showed me the way. I followed her and then set Sofia onto the counter. She looked up at me, with her beautiful blue eyes. She looked so innocent, so beautiful. Fuck, not again. 

"Thank you." She said softly and I nodded. Before I could say anything Riley shooed me out of the bathroom and closed the door. 

I sat down on Riley's couch where all the guys were. 

"Whatever happened to her, was fucked up." Noah said, breaking the silence. 

"The cuts weren't that deep, but there so many of them. She looked so..." He paused, trying to find the right word. 

"Broken." I said emotionless. They all looked over at me confused, but then nodded in agreement. We waited for about 20 minutes before Riley, Alyssa, and Luna came back to the living room. 

"She's asleep." Riley said as she sat down on the couch next to Will. 

"What the fuck happened to her?" Noah said. 

"It's not our story to share.." Alyssa said. What does that even mean? 

"What movie do ya'll want to watch?" Riley said. 

"Wait, were ya'll planning on sleeping over here this whole time?" I asked confused as why Alyssa and Noah were all comfy, as well as Riley and Will. 

"Uhm, yeah." Marco said. I scoffed. I didn't care that much but it just felt weird. All of us hanging out again? Especially without Luke. 

I relaxed on the couch as we watched one of the avengers movies. 

_____________________

Riley and Will fell asleep cuddling? I don't even want to know. We all slept on the couch because it was fucking huge. I mean, my house is a mansion, but compared to Riley's? It's shit. 

I was woken up but the sound of the kitchen fridge being opened. I slowly stretched and stood up to see Sofia. She was wearing the same tank top and pajama shorts as last night and you could see a little bit of her ass through them. I may hate her but she's hot as fuck. 

I walked over to her and when she saw me I could see her cheeks get red.

"Good morning." I smirked at her. 

"Mhm." She retorted. I chuckled at her response. 

"You want any toast?" she asked. It caught me off guard. 

"Sofia Miller being nice for once! What a shocker." I chuckled. She just rolled her eyes. 

"Yes or no Coal?" She said.

"I'll take one." I winked at her before going to sit on the stools that were under the counter. I watched her make the toast. 

She slide my plate of toast across the counter and came and sat next to me. 

"So.. is it just me or are they all acting weird?" she said, pointing to everyone else sleeping. 

"Not just you. There have definitely been some hook ups here and there. Just look at Riley and Will." I responded. She laughed slightly. Before a few days ago, I wouldn't have been able to be in the same room with Sofia for more than an hour, but now, I kind of... enjoy her? I don't know. That seems dumb to say. We still hate each other, I think. 

We ate in silence, but soon enough, the others woke up. 

Riley and Will walked over to us first, while the rest of them just went on their phones. 

"Wow, Sofia and Coal actually sitting next to each other?" Riley joked. 

"I was lonely, I still hate him." Sofia shot back which made them laugh. 

"Feelings mutual bitch." I glared at her. She scoffed before cleaning her plate and walking over to the couch. 

The rest of the day we pretty much just chilled at Riley's house, it was weird, but fun? The group being back together just gives me nostalgia. 

Luke's anniversary is in 2 days and I'm dreading it. I just hate having to relive a day like this. I found out when I was at baseball practice. When we were finishing up practice, the coaches gathered both the softball team and baseball team together. We were all clueless. Sofia told us that she wasn't sure why he wasn't at practice which was weird since she always knew everything that was up with him. It's heartbreaking that none of us had a clue. 

When the coaches broke the news, Sofia collapsed on the ground sobbing. Noah, Will and Marco were too shocked to even mutter a word, they felt emotionless when they found out. Alyssa, Luna, and Riley were all crying while trying to comfort Sofia. I was in tears. 

It's still the worst day of my life, losing my best friend. I didn't just loose one of them I lost both that day. I lost Sofia. Loosing Sofia also meant loosing Alyssa, Luna, and Riley. We were a fucking family. 

We all tried comforting Sofia but she pushed us all the guys away. She stayed close with the girl's though. I guess it was easier for her. Then she started to hate me, I don't even know why still. But it was easier to hate her back, then to try and get her to stop. 

That's how it started. The only reason the Alyssa, Luna, and Riley, and Noah, Marco and Will started hating each other was because of Sofia and I. I guess their starting to realize how happy everyone was together because it seems to me that their hanging out again, but keeping it a secret from Sofia and I. I just wish Luke never died. Why did you leave me Luke, why?

________________________________________________________________________________

Second update of the day ! I

 might even do a third one tonight :) 

recently I've just really wanted to write 

but I hope you guys liked this chapter ! 

it was supposed to give ya'll some background information but from Coal's pov 

don't forget to comment, vote and share ! i love you all < 3