Four - A Thousand Years

-Niall’s Point of View-

“Where the fuck have you been Niall?” Liam screams at me the moment I step into the flat.

My face flushes and I can’t look at any of them in the face. I know they’re all pissed. I don’t exactly expect them to understand.

“Niall, we were worried. We even went out searching for you.” Harry says giving me a gentle hug.

“So where were you?” Liam grabs me harshly by the shoulders.

I grit my teeth. If I lose my temper, he loses his life.

“I was with Zayn.” I answer calmly.

“The neighbor boy?” Louis looks genuinely confused.

“His name is Zayn and he’s my mate.”

“Okay he’s your friend-“

“No, not friend but mate as in…life mate.” I correct.

“Are you bloody insane?” Liam completely loses it.

“Does he know what you are? What you’re running from?” Harry asks with a soft voice.

“Yes and no.”

“I thought…I thought you said you were never gonna find a mate.” Liam

“I didn’t plan to but with Zayn, it’s like I have no choice. I have to be there with him. I saw him being followed by these two men and it was easy to know what they were up to but I couldn’t let him die.” The words fly out my mouth and I shudder in remembrance.

A world without Zayn? I can’t even process the thought.

I didn’t know then but I do now. I felt this pull towards Bradford and it was only because Zayn was here. I didn’t need to see his beautiful face to already feel some sort of connection. I would’ve found my way to Zayn no matter what. All that used to matter me was the safety of those I care for but that’s all out the window now that I’ve found Zayn. Rational thinking is gone as well.

He’s all I think about and I know the same goes for him as well.

The thing about vampires and life mates, the emotions go both ways.

If Zayn refuses to be mine, I’ll die emotionally. I’ll be beyond repair because Zayn is the only one I’ll ever want. To think of anyone else would feel like a betrayal to him. I desperately need him to love me. The thought makes me shake. I will do all I can to make Zayn fall in love with me.

“I’m going to tell him everything.” I say quietly, staring at the ground.

Everything?” Liam asked.

“Everything. And that I love him.”

“But what if he doesn’t return your feelings?”

“I’ll probably die. It doesn’t matter though. I don’t want to be alive if he doesn’t want me.”

-Zayn’s Point of View-

I’ve never spent so much time with Niall. There was just so much about him that I couldn’t believe a person like him could exist. He makes me laugh and he can be so adorable.

But the way he looks at me, he looks at me as if he’s in love.

There’s also something he isn’t telling me. He told me to wait until tonight but time is moving so damn slowly and my patience is dwindling.

My parents are at it again yelling at the top of their lungs as if they’re competing with each other.

“And what about Zayn hm? Your son? When was the last time you spent any time with him?” Mum screams.