Two - Lonely Boy

-Niall’s Point of View-

“I don’t ask much of you Niall! All I ask is that you stay inside but that seems to be too hard for you!” Liam yells at me.

“Don’t yell at him.” Harry sighs.

“I just get so bored and lonely inside all day and night.” I tell them staring down at the ground.

To be completely honest, I do prefer being inside away from everything. There was never anything that caught my attention out there.

But things are different now.

I feel like I’m seeing and experiencing things for the first time. The thing is, nothing interests me more than the boy next door that smokes like a chimney and looks like a prince. I get this irrational feeling to do anything as long as it involves him. He’s become sort of an obsession of mine.

“It’s alright.” Louis plops down beside me and pulls me up against him.

“No, it’s not alright! Louis, don’t reward him for doing something wrong!” Liam snaps.

“He’s trapped in here all day like an animal. Can you really blame him?” Harry reasons sitting on the other side of me placing a protective arm around me so I’m wrapped in a Larry Stylinson sandwich.

Liam kneels in front of me and places his hands on both my knees.

“I just want to protect you. You understand that, don’t you?” Liam asks, his eyes softening.

I nod.

“Now, are you hungry love?” Liam asks with a smile.

-Zayn’s Point of View-

“Is something the matter darling?” Mum asks when I get inside.

“No.” I walk past her and head straight for my room.

I shut my door and collapse in bed. I hear murmuring from the other side of my wall. Damn, what I wouldn’t do to know what’s going on in that flat.

Tonight was sort of a date I realize. Maybe that’s why Niall was so standoffish?

He’s so shy and fearful all the time. What could they be doing to him in that flat? Whatever is going on it doesn’t seem like Niall enjoys it. I’m dying to know more. The way they sort of commanded him seems strange to me. Is Niall not allowed to have a mind of his own? What do they do all day?

Just more questions that need answers.

Two days pass without a single sight of Niall which in turn makes me irrationally irritable towards everyone around me.

“Zayn, darling, you need to wear a scarf.” Mum calls before I’m off to work.

“I don’t need a bloody scarf.” I grumble slamming the door.

When I pass the jungle gym I glance up at Niall’s window.

Does he want to see me as bad as I want to see him? It’s taking all my strength not to march over there and demand to see Niall. Perhaps those lads only leave at night and that’s why Niall only meets me here so late. I’ve never seen him out during the day. I wonder how his baby blue eyes look when the sun is hitting them. I’d bet he looks beautiful.

At work, I’m maddened as ever.

“And I told Evan that I wouldn’t go out with him even if the rapture hit-“

“Sammie, I don’t give a crap about you and your sodding boy problems, alright?” I snap.

“Well, I’m sorry for boring you.” She says and I could just hear the hurt in her voice.