Prologue

It was a fairly normal day for Y/N L/N. She was patrolling as usual, wishing she had actually gotten that coffee earlier on, because she really could have used it now. Cursing the way she was always so stingy with everything. But no... she wasn't stingy. Y/N was living a frugal lifestyle.

After all she had just gone independent as a hero and she was young and she needed the money. She had bills to pay and she didn't yet make the kind of bank where she could be buying takeaway coffee every single night on patrol. Maybe sometimes, when she had some money left over. But definitely not every night. And lately, the special nights have gotten a little too much.

Y/N sighed and checked her phone. Nothing new. Except another message from that horrible Tinder date last week. This guy just wasn't getting the hint, was he? Annoying. Well, she could deal with that later, because right now she wasn't in the mood for that. Maybe she would be if she had gotten that coffee... no. No, she could be a confident and independent woman without coffee, damn it.

Sometimes Y/N wondered why her life was like this. She had done the whole thing of going to high school and doing the hero course. She had done well, even though her teacher had been the grumpiest person in the universe (and he hadn't even been that old at the time). She had worked at an agency, she had saved up money and she had gone independent. But it was nowhere near as glamorous as it was all made out to be. It was just so much damn work all the time.

Y/N sighed and was about to consider turning back to get to the coffee shop and get herself a little treat when she heard some screams and people shouting for heroes. Y/N grimaced. Heroes? That was her. That meant work. Fuck. She put her phone away and sprinted towards the direction the screams were coming from. Somehow Y/N really hoped that this was something that was already resolved, because the end of her shift was minutes away and she had already done so much overtime during the last few weeks. But it was her job, so she had to check it out at least.

She turned the corner and saw that there was apparently someone already engaging with the villain. Y/N took a moment to get a feel for the situation. Looked like a robbery. There was a guy in a dark overall and with some sort of scarf there already. He seemed to have a good handle on them, but it looked like he wouldn't be able to capture them all without any help.

With another sigh, Y/N activated her Quirk. She cringed a little as the sharp needles grew out of her skin and she fired them off towards one of the guys that was trying to get away. It seemed to throw him off enough for the other hero to capture him, but in the meantime someone else got away. Y/N had gotten there too late to stop him, but she could stop the other guy that was trying to get away.

He came running towards her and Y/N tackled him to the ground, holding him down. She wasn't even sure what was going on, but that other guy seemed to have his people wrapped up in his scarf, as he was brushing off some dust from his clothes. He looked strangely familiar to Y/N, as he came closer to her, the bound up villains wrapped up in his scarf trailing behind him.

"You okay?" he asked her. Y/N blinked a few times when she was starting to realize who this was.

"Mr. Aizawa?" she asked, pretty dumbfounded at seeing her teacher like this out in the wild. She knew that he was a pro hero of course and she knew that he had his scarf and the Erasure Quirk, but... she had never really expected to see him at his job after she had left school.

"Do I know you? Because normally it'd be Eraserhead for you." he replied. He seemed a little nervous and Y/N didn't exactly know why. Maybe he was just uncomfortable about forgetting who she was or something. Not that she minded. She knew that she wasn't the most memorable student back in high school.

"I was in your class at UA. Finished school five years ago. Don't tell me you don't remember. We were your very first class ever!" Y/N told him. He still seemed to be a little confused, trying to remember who was actually in that class. Y/N wasn't sure whether to give him some time or not, but after a while it just got uncomfortable.