Part 3

Silas POV

Aggelle Mou had lost her freaking mind.

Not two minutes earlier she had been so nervous being surrounded by so many tightly packed people that I was sure I would have to buy a new shirt after she was done wringing it in her tiny trembling hands. Her nervousness had urged me to get her out of there and finished with the mission as soon as possible. Now look at her. She was...brassily...dancing with some Kariolis* who was fawning all over her. She wasn't even pushing him away either. As a matter of fact, she was staring at his face, which was still hidden from my sight, with a fanatical gleam in her eyes, and if anything she was leaning in closer to him. Beside me, North currently seemed to be dealing with an internal explosion that was only being held in by the hold he had on his own hair...just. Personally, I think he should just let loose and set fire to the ass that was currently feeling her up and stealing her away from us.

No. I couldn't let that happen. My Aggelle Mou wouldn't do that to us. We were finally trusting each other more, and I was trying to get her more involved in what we do, speaking up for her so that she could feel like she was a part of the team. Trying to make her feel more....Oh. Huh?

Aggelle's eyes met mine with a triumphant shine in them. She shot both arms into the air and made two peace signs as she danced, shooting me a loaded glance over the guys shoulder. What did she want from me, to calm down? I raised my hands, palms up, exasperated with the whole stupid situation. Calm down? Calm down?!! My Angel was willingly in the arms of a pervert, and she throws up peace symbols. I stared back at her, incredulous, and she had the nerve to roll her eyes and look put out as she put her arms back down around the bastard's waist. I made a step forward, meaning to end this dance here and now, when a cool hand pressed against my chest, efficiently holding me back.

Mr. Blackbourne had found us.

Dr. Green swung around on the other side of me, eyeing Aggelle curiously but holding up his phone so I could see the text he had sent me asking what was going on. The UN-answered text. I gestured towards Sang, I mean it was obvious, wasn't it? She had gone haywire and we were the reluctant audience to her acting out “So You Think You Can Dance?” with a pervy partner. Mr. Blackbourne adjusted his glasses and focused his steel eyes of death on Sang at the same time she noticed that he was with us, and her face lit up like it was Christmas morning and he was a present.

I couldn't take much more. Aggelle's strange behavior was confusing, and aggravating, and just plain devastating. Maybe Mr. Blackbourne's presence could shock some sense back into her.