Chapter 18

Splinter and his sons had not been asleep long when Nani had decided to get up for the day. She was used to getting up at the crack of dawn to get ready for the day, and usually go to work. After all, she had a family of five to take care of, and pay the bills to keep the house. Though right now, she didn't know that her family had returned, and with some new guests.

Nani walked into the kitchen for some breakfast, when she heard some loud breathing sounds coming from the living room. She assumed it might have been some of Stitch's cousins. She walked to the edge of the kitchen and peeked into the living room to see who had dropped by.

But instead of the sight of any cousins greeting her, her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she saw 4 large turtles and a giant rat in her living room!

Nani knew that Lilo had a knack for making strange things and she even had pet bugs in her own room. These 'guests' hadn't been here when she went to bed last night, so it was only one possibility: Lilo and company were back.

Nani got the broom and went to the room and gently nudged one of the turtles on the floor. Don was the closest one to the kitchen.

Don was a light sleeper. He felt nudging on his side. He woke up when it didn't stop. "Hmm?" He looked up, and saw a human standing over him with a broom in her hands. He immediately snapped awake.

"Hey!"

Nani wasn't normally a screamer, but in this case, a talking turtle was just too much. She screamed, making everyone wake up in an instant, and jump to their feet. "What! What is it?" Raph demanded.

Nani screamed some more when they all snapped up and awake, and with weapons in their hands. She held the broom in her hands up in self defense. She did know how to use it. "Make one move toward me, and I'll be forced to hurt you. I know how to use this."

Don was the closest to her. "Look lady, just put the broom down, and we'll talk." He said in a gentle voice.

"Who are you and why are you in my house?" Nani asked, not putting it down yet.

"Lilo invited us here." Leo said. He had a katana in his good hand.

"And where is my little sister? If you've done something to her, I swear I'll..." Nani threatened.

"Hey! We ain't done nothing to her!" Raph snapped.

"She and Stitch went to their room." Mikey spoke up.

"Well, I'll see about that, but first, who are you?" Nani asked.

"We are friends Lady. We are the ones who looked after Stitch when he was in New York." Don explained. He still had his Bo ready for defense, but being the gentlest one, he put it down on the floor to show he wasn't a threat. "We give you our word of honor, we did not harm your sister."

Nani could tell he was trying to tell her he was not a threat. She lowered the broom. Then she saw the turtle's friends lower their weapons, but didn't put them down as Don had.

"Listen Madam, we assure you that we are honorable house guests, and did not harm your little girl." Splinter said.

"You, you can speak too?" Nani spoke in a more scared voice when Splinter talked.

"Yes. We all can talk." Splinter said. "I am called Master Splinter. These are my sons. Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo."

"Your sons? They look nothing like you."

"He means he adopted us." Don said. "And you are...?"

"I am Lilo's big sister, Nani." Nani said.