Chapter 12

Despite their injuries, Leo and Stitch were well enough to walk to April's, but Don insisted on riding in the Battle Shell to get there faster.

The first time seeing their truck, Stitch became real intrigued with it. He smiled and got a little hyper. "Stitch drive truck!" He shouted.

The turtles all looked at each other. He could drive too? He was too small to drive. Don ran to his truck to save it.

"No, no, no, Stitch! This is my truck. I'm driving. You're too small to drive a thing like this." Don said. All the others got in and settled into seats.

"Stitch can drive." He said.

"Not with that injured arm, you're not. And I'm driving my truck." Don said with a stern voice. "In the back."

Stitch's ears drooped. He walked sadly into the back. Raph took the seat next to Don.

Leo and Mikey saw the sad look on Stitch's face. "You didn't have to upset him, Don!" Mikey said.

"He's too small to drive Mikey! I'm driving and that's final!" Don was just protective of his invention and truck. Then Don turned his head around. "I'm sorry for snapping Stitch, but I've just had too much stuff happen to my truck before. It means a lot to me."

"Stitch sorry. Understand." Stitch said. Course the same thing had happened a lot to his and Lilo's house one too many times by Gantu. And their buggy when they used to chase Stitch's cousins.

They all buckled up and Don hit the accelerator and then they were off to April's to get the next call.

.....

The boys arrived to April's a lot faster in the truck. Don parked it in the back of her building. Because of Leo's hurt arm, they weren't going to take the fire escape up to her window. They would knock and she would let them in.

Stitch was curious about where they were, but said nothing. He just waited as patiently as he could.

April came down and let them in. Stitch followed them inside.

The redheaded woman now noticed Leo was hurt. "Leo! What happened to your arm?"

"I'm ok, April. I was out alone because I was angry earlier yesterday, and was ambushed by the Foot, but lucky for me, this little blue friend of ours followed me and saved my life." Leo explained.

April hadn't seen him come in with her friends. Now she looked down.

Stitch looked up at her, holding his arm up. His ears were down and he wagged his little stub of a tail. He panted like a dog did.

"The owner said she was looking for her dog. I guess this... is Stitch?" April asked.

"Yep. That'd be him." Mikey said.

"Uh, April, he ain't no dog." Raph spoke up.

"It's like I was going to say, he doesn't look like any dog I've ever seen before." She said. "Then what is he?"

"He's actually an alien." Mikey said. "Stolen from his home."

"What happened to his leg?" She asked.

"It was cut while saving me." Leo said.

"It hurt." Stitch now spoke up.

April's eyes widened. He had to be an alien! Dogs couldn't talk!

"So, I will have to say I agree with you!" She said in shock. "He's an alien! Because dogs don't talk!"

"Being dog is Earth disguise." Stitch said.

"Stitch, this is our friend, April O'Neil." Don introduced her to Stitch.

"Ok. Now that we all know each other, let's now go upstairs and await his owner's next call." April said.

They all went upstairs to April's main living quarters and got comfortable to wait on the call.

April made some snacks for herself and her closest friends. "What do you like to eat Stitch?" She asked.

"Coconut cake and coffee!" He said all too happily.

"I have coffee, but no cake." April said. She had it for usually when Don stopped by.

She went to go make him some coffee. Which she didn't know that was a mistake! But Stitch was happy to eat a sandwich that she made for him.

"I like coconut cake and coffee, but can eat and drink anything!" Stitch said. "I even eat what others don't."

When he said that, it explained to the turtles that Stitch was also good for getting rid of uneaten portions of food that they didn't want. Then there wouldn't be hardly any leftovers anymore! So, even though Stitch had proved his worth for staying around and had saved two of the brothers and helped Don finish a project, they would be glad he was going home. Also that would save him from Bishop.

But then a thought popped into Stitch's head. After all he had been told and what he had seen, how his turtle friends had been attacked by the humans here in this city, would they be better off coming with him?

Stitch and his cousins and Jumba and Pleakley all looked weird in Hawaii, but the humans there were MUCH more welcoming compared to here in New York. Many of his cousins all had jobs in Kauai that helped the humans out.