Chapter 2~ New Girl

When you walk into class, you expect everything to be the same. Today was a little different. We had a new teacher for a start. Changing timetable they said. I bet divorce. Later on, the inevitable happened. What never happens in school, well, happened. A new girl. Brilliant a new target. I mean, great, a new student. Out of all the classes she could join us in, she joins in on maths. I mean seriously, how lame is that? Then, suddenly, the whole class gasp. For a moment, I don't know why but then I see that the only empty space left in the class is next to me. I smirk and watch as she walks towards me, fear clearly shown in her eyes.

As she reaches the chair, I glare at her, making it clear that I don't want her here. She smiles warmly but I frown back. She begins to pull the chair back. It screeches across the ground, hurting the whole class's ears.

"You dare sit down on that chair." I say, a touch of anger in my voice.

"Oh er sorry is it taken?" She asks. No fear seems to be evident. Yet.

"I don't want you here. No one wants you here."

"I know. New school, new girl, always gonna take a while to fit in."

"You know what I mean."

"Yeah I do. But right now, I have bigger problems to deal with then idiots like you. Now, if you don't mind, I would like to sit down."

"Think you're so big do ya?"

"No. I just want to sit down."

"No. Way." As I say it, I shove her harshly to the ground. Her eyes seem to flicker and her face is etched with pain. She clutches her chest and cries out.

"Get her to the nurse!" Two people come and pick her up without a second thought, carrying her out.

"What did I do?" I say, stifling a giggle.

"Illeya, get out here now!" He points outside the door. Laughing, I get up and wait as he comes outside and slans the door.

"What?" I say,annoyed.

" You could have just killed her!" He yells, furiously.

"Yeah right sir." I scoff. He sighs.

"She has a condition. Lungs. She gets pushed or hurt and hits her back, that happens. Each time it puts her more at risk of death."

"No way."

"Yes way Illeya. She could be dying in there right now and you're laughing."

"I... I'm truly sorry sir. I never meant-"

"Save it. If you've killed her, I will deal with you." He walks back inside the class with tear filled eyes.

"I don't understand..." I mutter to myself.

"What have I done?"