Chapter 14- Triple is the new Double

Skip ahead :)

BEN'S POV:

"Zoe?" I said to no one in particular. Zoe gave me a sad smile, but it disappeared in a flash, being replaced by a cruel grin I never knew she had in her.

"That's right," Joshua said, pleased by my reaction. "Zoe was a double agent all along."

I looked at Erica. If looks could kill, then everyone would be dead right now. Erica's glare most likely would've impressed Antarctica.

"How could you? First, Murray, then Warren and now, YOU!" I exclaimed. 

"How could you." Zoe mimicked. "Goons, tie them up." (cringe)

One goon stepped forward and tied me up. I didn't give much of a fight, knowing full well it would be useless. 

The goon propped me up against the wall. I winced, feeling the paper scrape my arms. I turned my head toward my arms and gasped.

I know what CHAOS is planning. 

"Erica!" I whispered. Erica was propped up against the wall in a sitting position like me.

"Shhh!" Erica hissed.

"I know what CHAOS is planning."

Erica's stony expression turned into shock, then excitement, thennnnnnn.......back to the stoic face expression. "What is it?"

"They're planning to-" I was cut off by Joshua.

"So . . . you two are correct; this was my great grandpa's writing. He served in the World War II.... ....as a servant." Joshua said, spitting out the word 'servant'.

"And," Joshua continued, "my great-grandpa betrayed his master since they had a deal: his master won't harm his  servant's family and my great-grandpa will serve him faithfully. Apparently, his master got too confident that his servant was loyal to him and killed my great-grandpa's siblings." Joshua said this with so much hatred, even Erica was alarmed.

I pressed my back against the wall, terrified.

"My great-grandpa was outraged and killed his master," Joshua flicked his wrist and the goons exited the room, leaving me, Erica, Joshua and Zoe the only ones in the room.

"But . . . . my great-grandpa's former master had a sister . . ." Joshua's eyes flicked to mine. "And you," Joshua jabbed his index finger at me, "are her descendant." 

"I'm a what, now?" I exclaimed. Joshua's eyes were filled with rage and insanity. I inwardly shuddered.

"And then, your great- grandma KILLED my great-grandpa for revenge." Joshua whispered.

I didn't like how this was going, and I could tell Erica didn't either. 

"Tell me, why are you here? Why is this CHAOS's base?" Erica asked, trying to change the topic of the conversation, and possibly to stall him.

"Because this once was my great-grandpa's home, where he was murdered . . . and now I will get REVENGE on the person who is related to the person who killed my great-gran-" Joshua's eyes rolled up, showing the whites. He fell to the floor with a thump.

Zoe snorted in disgust, holding a metal baseball bat. "Doesn't he ever stop talking?" (Fun fact about me [okay, it might not be fun]~ I like baseball bats. Why? Well, they're good weapons and no, I have not gone insane. I know baseball bats are mostly used for baseball games, but if I were to take out a evil person or something I would use a baseball bat or frying pan [you only see people use frying pans in movies tho]. I prefer a metal baseball bat if possible. Again, I am perfectly sane.)

I gaped at her.  "Wait, hold on. You're a triple agent?"

Zoe grinned. "Yup. They were blind to trust me."

She quickly got to work setting our arms free from the rope. Our ropes fell to the floor with a soft thump.

I stood up and stretched.

Then confusion overtook me. "But I thought Erica kidnapped you . . ."

"Yeah, she did. But on the way she told me about the plan: I will pretend I got kidnapped and CHAOS will rescue me, seeing this a chance to offer me the job, seeing the advantage of one of my own team members kidnap me and will use that piece of information to convince me to join their organization. Then I'll pretend to be a double agent for them when I was actually on your side." 

I stared, dumbfounded. "Wow, that's deep."

"Plus, CHAOS would also like to have a double agent who's close to their enemy. You." Zoe added.

"Guys, this reunion is touching and all, but we have far more important matters to discuss." Erica said. She turned to me. "So, you said something about CHAOS plans?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it seems like Joshua wants to reuse one of his great-grandpa's plans." I pointed at the map that scraped me. It's edges were curled up and the entire map looked like it was going to fall apart any minute.

"So this map has the coordinates to Germany. Joshua's great-grandpa was planning to bomb Germany, which his Master told him to. So Joshua is going to recycle that plan but instead of bombing Germany, he's going to bomb all of Washington D.C."

Have a nice day, amigo!

Buh-bye.

~DG