AN | Chapter 17- Say whaaat?

Okay, I will spare you the pain of reading this  . . .

Wait, no. (Believe it or not, I actually considered sparing you all the pain . . . but I have some announcements to make)

HUGE Announcement: Okay, so I had all the chapters under heavy editing (SUPA DUPA MEGA ULTRA heavy editing) and now they're soooooo much better and many scenes have changed . . . kinda. Tho I changed the beginning tons. If you don't believe, go see for yourself. (This does not go the same for later viewers)

Ben's POV:

"Murray is there?!" we all exclaimed. 

Catherine nodded. "Yes. Now, children, here's what we're going to do."

XXXXXXXXX

Mike and I were hiding behind a boulder waiting for the signal. Chip, Cyrus and Alexander were at a hospital. Cyrus was being treated right now. Erica had insisted for Cyrus to have further medical attention. 

We were at a park where Catherine was told Murray was going to come here. The boulder was a bit slanted so we could easily carry out our plan. We've been waiting for a while now. 

"Psst. Ben!" Mike whispered.

"What is it?" My eyes were trained on Jawa.

Jawa was supposed to get the first signal from Catherine which meant that Murray had arrived and then, alert us to ready the sedation machine gun since they know we're not the best with guns and aim and all. Machine guns make it easier. Then we are supposed to alert Erica.

"There's a suspicious looking guy over there." Mike pointed to a dude wearing a baseball cap pulled down low over his face, soccer cleats and a Eagles jersey. He seemed like a pretty big sports fan to me.

"I don't see how he is suspicious." I whispered.

"Don't you see that there's a slight bulge in his pocket?" 

I squinted, trying to see. I couldn't. Not exactly my fault since that 'guy' is 30 feet away. 

Ka-CAWWWWWW!!!!! CAWWW!!!!!! CAAWWWWW!!!!

It was the signal! "Mike! Quick, we need to insert the bullet clips!" I hurriedly attached the clips. (I don't know if this is how you do it, probably because the greatest weapon I've   ever wielded was a broom. No, seriously, respect the broom 🧹) 

"Mike?" I frantically searched for him. Then I spotted him. He was inching his way to Mr. I-Like-Sports. He caught my eye and mouthed, "I'm going to investigate him."  I mouthed back, "Are you crazy? No! You are supposed to fire the machine gun!"  

"It's fine. You can fire it instead!" Then he turned his attention to his newfound task. This. Was. Totally. Not. Fine . .  . at all.

Great. I'm left here on my own. The irony, someone who's failing his 101 Weaponry class now has to deal with a machine gun. By himself. I've wasted enough time. I quickly dragged the machine gun up the boulder and laid down on my stomach behind the bulk of the gun. Gripping the handles, I zoomed in on the target using the mini telescope that was attached to the gun.

There was a black van parked at the curb. So far, nothing unusual. Then something interrupted my little sightseeing.

CAWWWW!!! CAWWW!!! They were short sharp caws. I turned my head to the noise.

It was Jawa, waving his hands around wildly, when he saw I was focused on him, he was relieved.

Then he started doing these complicated frantic hand motions. Jawa looked like a cow dying while at the same time somehow trying to fly. (does that make sense?)