Chapter 4- Driving Like crazy

Hey, its me! Your one and only Dudette Girl ;) I'm back with another chapter (yeah I know, I update like crazy lol, just joking). Enjoy!

Ben's POV:

I woke up to screeching tires and honking. BEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP!!  A driver was not happy that Erica was driving recklessly....wait hold up...driving recklessly???!!!!! I panicked.

"Erica!" I shouted above the noise. "What is happening!"

Erica spoke calmly as she swerved to avoid cars. "Oh. It's just some goons chasing us. The new organization must've found us." Erica said all that sounding like she was just talking about going on a walk.

However, I did not act as calm. "WHAT?!" I started gibbering in fear. Erica rolled her eyes and pulled out a M9 pistol out of nowhere. "Where did you get that?" I asked wearily, as if it was going to attack me. "I have my secrets and I prefer them to stay that way. Here," she shoved the gun to me. "Try to shoot them. They are quite close to us by now." This only made my fear level spike up. "Oh and try not to shoot yourself." Erica added. Aww, she cared about me. Erica must've noticed my expression because she shot daggers at me. I quickly looked away and started searching for the enemy in the mess of cars.

I spotted them right away. It wasn't hard, seeing they were carrying machine guns. The people who saw them were screaming at the top of their lungs.

The goons were riding in Jeep, only thing was there wasn't a roof.

I counted how many goons there were. There were four. two in the front seats and two in the back. Three of them carried weapons. I gulped.

Bang! I fired. Surprisingly, my first shot nailed the goon in the leg. The goon's face twisted in agony. I suddenly felt guilty for hurting him. But hey, they were trying to kill me.

"Try to shoot their tires before they shoot ours." Erica said, still driving. By now Erica was driving like crazy. Zooming over the speed limit and swerving wildly. "On it." I replied.

I shot again. I missed. Bang! Another shot. Missed again. I heard Erica sigh and said, "Take the wheel. I will shoot now." Before I could protest, she snatched the pistol from me and began shooting, abandoning the wheel.

Having no other choice, I grabbed the wheel and started steering. Erica's foot was still on the gas pedal, though going somewhat a bit slower knowing I had no experience driving.

I ignored the gunshots ringing in the background. It was a bit difficult to drive since Erica had to lean from her seat to my side and I had to do the same thing. 

Now I was the one driving like a maniac. If it weren't for my level 16 math skills, I would've crashed already. I measured the distance between the bridge looming over the cars from my position. Hmmm. Looks like I will have to go faster. 

"Erica!"  

"Yes? I'm a bit busy right now! Though I already got rid of one of their tires. They are more cleverer than I thought."

I was surprised. The Ice Queen underestimating people is shocking. I recovered quickly.

"See that bridge over there? I  think we can finally loose them over there because there are 4 roads. They will have to guess which ones we went to, which from my estimation is a 19% chance they will get correct."

Erica shouted something but the noise of the guns and cars were too loud. But I think she understood what I was talking about and stepped harder on the gas pedal. (I do not know how to drive so I'm just making a guess about how it works)

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM. The engine roared louder than ever. People around us driving looked impressed. But I paid no attention to them, I was too focused on calculating what I would have to do and trying not to crash.

We finally got to the four intersections. I had not a moment to lose. "Erica! Which one do you think we should go to?" I shouted.

"The 2nd one!" she shouted back. I steered the Ferrari over and we zoomed off on the road, leaving the goons in our dust.

After driving for another 10 more minutes I pulled up into a motel's parking lot. We needed a place to stay for the night. I turned off the engine.

For the first time during that car chase I turned around to look at Erica. To my horror, she had a wound on her arm.

Erica looked tired but determined. "It's fine. I will deal with it when we get our rooms."

I nodded but I was still worried.

                                                                        XXXXXXX

We got our rooms. We only had enough money for one. So I slept on the couch while Erica slept on the bed.

I watched as Erica tended her wound. It was bleeding a lot. I went to the tiny bathroom and gave her two towels to wrap around her wound. She nodded in thanks.

After a few hours we went to sleep.

Ok, phew, 860 words! yay!  alright byyyyyyyyyye see ya sooner than you think! 

Peace out ✌🏻 

~DG