Scene 5 - Heading Off

We see Sanders' family travelling down a road (to the right of the screen) in the black saloon car. The road can easily be redressed from older sets once again, with a hill in the background, and fencing blocking the lane. The mother sits in the back as she looks after her baby who makes noises in its cot. Sanders is driving with the radio on, as music from either Thunderbirds or Captain Scarlet plays. This is a track that has only been used once before this time, e/g tracks like A Night In Spoke City from Thunderbirds. Sanders changes the radio to listen in to the transmission of the opening.

Sanders:

We'll just about make it!

We hear the radio of the opening.

Minister:

And my overall feeling is that I feel very overjoyed to be opening the highway myself personally.

Presenter:

Well now folks, the time has come. The clock has struck, and now I must give the Minister the honour of the hour of opening the highway up!

We hear cheers, music, and cars revving up their engines loudly. However, we view the car speeding down the lane through a pair of binoculars. A man is watching from the bushes. He pulls them down to reveal it to be... Captain Black! Now, we view the black saloon continue heading down the lane. Certain doom is foreshadowed with the presence of Captain Black and the Mysterons...

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...