Scene 2 - Tracy Island and Cloudbase

We are back at the helijet hovering above the highway. The titles are revealed as "The Evil Of The Mysterons". Inside the helijet, the men are positioned where they were before, with the cameraman fiddling with his device.

Cameraman:

We're back on!

Presenter:

Well, he, he, after that little interruption ladies and gentlemen, we can be sure to say that everything is fine again and be sure that you stay with us for the grand opening of the great British Orbital Highway!

The camera stops filming.

Cameraman:

Ok. We've moved onto the adverts.

Presenter:

This is terrible! Those wretched Mysterons! Why do they have to keep interrupting my TV broadcasts!

Minister:

Well, I'm afraid that isn't my department.

We view the exterior of Tracy Island before we view the stock footage of the Tracy Villa. In the lounge, the family have turned off the television whilst the adverts play.

Gordon:

Well, looks like they're back again.

Jeff:

Yes, Gordon. That transmission from Mars could have meant it was for us.

Virgil:

But dad, the Mysterons stated that they attempt to strike at the natural disasters of the world. That could mean that there could be a disaster occurring and then they'll act somehow to make the situation worse.

Jeff:

Could be. Or it could be aimed directly at International Rescue.

Scott:

Well father, we've never had to get involved with the affairs of the Mysterons. Our duty is to save lives when they're in peril.

Tintin:

That duty is left to Spectrum. Our whole organization might be put at risk if they were to know where we were based.

Jeff:

Then it looks as though as we will just have to work around it. One possible target could be the British Orbital Highway. After all, they announced their intentions a short while before its going to be opened. The event will be broadcast live around the world, and so do the Mysterons.

Scott:

I'm sure Spectrum will take full care of that, father. They seem to do a pretty good job.

Jeff:

That's right son. Even though Spectrum can foil their latest threat, the Mysterons have proven themselves to be a formidable opponent and can strike anywhere.

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...

We now view the massive exterior of Cloudbase via the familiar stock footage, before we glance in at the close logo of Spectrum on Cloudbase's Command Centre. With Colonel White in the centre of the circular table, the other Spectrum officers have sat around. Included are the Captains, the Lieutenant, and Dr. Fawn in his Spectrum outfit.

Colonel White:

Members of Spectrum, you have now heard the latest Mysteron threat. They intend to strike at an upcoming natural disaster that is about to take place. This does not give us a specific target, or when they will attempt to strike.

Captain Blue:

Colonel, the Mysterons could already be in the process of executing their threat right now. They could already have begun to cause the event and by the time the emergency services come in, their forces will be crushed by the Mysterons somehow.

Colonel White:

They could be, Captain. But we can't dare to act until we are certain where the Mysterons will strike. They could be causing a disaster in the Arctic, or in space for all we know.

Captain Scarlet:

Colonel, a likely target for the Mysterons could be the new British Orbital Highway. After all, the transmission was made live, and the Mysterons do seem to transmit their threats worldwide.

Colonel White:

Very possibly, Captain Scarlet. And if there is an emergency, the first people to call in are the International Rescue organization.

Lieutenant Green:

But Colonel, International Rescue are an organization dedicated to saving those in danger. Why should an outfit dedicated to saving people want to be involved in waging war with the Mysterons?

Colonel White:

As you stated Lieutenant, I doubt they would want to become involved in the affairs of Spectrum. But the Mysterons could perhaps use some influence over the members of International Rescue to carry out their threat.

Captain Scarlet:

Nobody knows who International Rescue are. They don't want us to take any photos of their ships so we can't even use Mysteron detectors on their ships.

Colonel White:

That Captain we shall just have to risk. Their duty is to save the people of the earth from natural disasters and other means of danger. Ours gentlemen is to defend the peoples of the earth against our Martian adversaries. The Mysterons know that to wage this war of nerves that we are able to defend ourselves when we need to. But perhaps when International Rescue or Spectrum were to act, the Mysterons were to then show their hand and attack...

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...