→ thirty-two

jeno's eyes snapped open with a shock, his body jolting when he found himself surrounded by dirtied white brick walls and fluorescent lights

jeno's eyes snapped open with a shock, his body jolting when he found himself surrounded by dirtied white brick walls and fluorescent lights. he had to squint to keep from going blind, and when the slight ringing in his ears faded, the boy could hear other voices speaking around him.

his head ached, but that didn't stop the hockey player from pushing himself up into a sitting position, his sudden movement drawing the attention of those in the room with him.

jeno let out a groan, hand lazily raising to rub his hurting head. "wh... what happened?" his voice was deep with grogginess, the intimidating sound of agitation oozing through his words.

yangyang and haechan shot each other a look before facing their captain once again, forcing smiles to their faces. "you kinda... blacked out." jeno bit back a curse, bottom lip trapped between his teeth as the bitter taste of blood seeped onto his tongue. "and the goal?"

haechan twisted his fingers as if wringing out a towel, pupil's shaky. "you kinda... missed."

the elder's vision reddened and he leaned back, accidentally bumping his already sore head against the bricks. the boy's hands flew back to hug the spot, the little patience he had snapping. "fuck, fuck, fuck!" he screamed, the outburst causing all four other boys in the room to flinch, their eyes growing wide.

they knew their captain was dedicated to the game and hated losing, but they'd never seen him lose his cool like this. not even when his best friend was forced to move away.

small voices echoed down the hall and mark stepped back to close and lock the door, but it was too late. a certain brunette caught his round gaze and waved, eye twitching in pain as she rubbed her head with the other hand. the canadian smiled back, trying to signal to the boys with her to get her out of there. too late, again.

"mark," she voiced cheerfully, and the said boy couldn't wrap his head around how she was in such a good mood after what he'd witnessed on the ice. she must have been hurt, but besides a little limp and felix's arm around her waist, she didn't appear that hurt at all. "is jeno in there?"

mark stumbled over his words, trying to come up with an excuse. "um, uh, yeah but like—"

"i'll be quick! i just wanna see how he's doing."

"hye—" the eldest hockey player grabbed her arm, but the boy in bed already caught enough of a glimpse of her hair and dress to recognize who was there.

"where were you?" he shouted loud enough for her to hear, and hyerim poked her head in the doorway, gently pulling her arm from a very worried mark's grip. "jeno! are you o—"