→ nine

"mom," the sick girl groaned from her curled-up spot in bed

when sejin returned home from school to see his unconscious sister, he panicked and call their mom crying about how "rinnie is dying!" the poor woman had rushed home only to find her still living daughter buried in a blanket hut sejin made.

since she was already home, hyerim's mom decided to just take the rest of the day off to take care of her eldest.

now, the brunette was all tucked in her bed with her mom sitting beside her, a steaming bowl of soup in her hands. "i'm really not hungry..."

"your friend felix wrote a note saying you 'puked your guts out', which means you have an empty stomach and need food."

hyerim pouted and pulled the blanket further upwards so that it almost covered her chin. "i'm feeling much better than earlier. i can go get food later." judging by the passive-aggressive tilt of her mom's head, there was no way the girl was gonna win this battle.

sighing, hyerim slowly pushed herself upwards and leaned against the backboard of her bed. "fine. if you insist." her mom flashed a large smile and carefully brought the spoon towards her daughter's mouth.

the moment the liquid touched the brunette's tongue, she squealed in pain and pulled away, hand flying up to her lips as her eyes widened. "ow!"

the woman feeding her soup couldn't stop laughing. "sorry, my love. i suppose it's still a bit hot."

"a bit?!" hyerim wasn't actually upset, especially not after seeing the giant smile on her mom's face. suddenly, the girl's hand flew to her own bicep.

"ow, what?" hyerim hissed as she felt a pinch on her arm. "what?" the brunette shook her head. "i don't know. i think my soulmate... pinched me?"

instead of getting defensive over her daughter's wellbeing as hyerim expected, her mother only snorted. "as he should. you and your paper cuts... it's about time he gives you payback."

gaping at the woman before her, hyerim blinked. "i-i'm not that clumsy!"

"oh my sweet, baby girl," her mother cooed as she placed a soft hand on the girl's cheek. "yes, you are that clumsy."

pouting, hyerim laid back and pulled the blanket back up to her chin. "fine, okay, i guess i'll let him get away with it once..." the brunette trailed off, and it made her mom tilt her head with a sigh. "shin hyerim, don't you—"

too late. the sick girl slapped herself in the face and winced. "ow!" her mom rolled her eyes and placed the soup safely on the bedside table. "you're just like your father, you know."