→ twenty-three

hyerim's fingers continued mindlessly playing with the keychain in her hand, eyes trained on the screen ahead

hyerim's fingers continued mindlessly playing with the keychain in her hand, eyes trained on the screen ahead. she and jeno were laying on her bed, both facing the laptop between them as they scoured the web for symbols like their soulmate mark. the pair were growing a bit frustrated after coming up with nothing, and their screaming siblings downstairs weren't helping.

the brunette groaned after another few minutes, and flopped on her bed, hands falling on her stomach. "this is getting tiring," jeno's sigh grabbed her attention and the girl let her head drop to the side.

"i feel like i've seen it before, though. i just can't remember where."

"same," hyerim found herself sighing, though she didn't think she was familiar with the object in the slightest.

it was silent as the teenagers thought, trying desperately to recover the symbol from the depths of their memory. the brunette rolled back to the blue-haired boy's side, laying on her stomach with her face in her hands. she was about to search 'random spiral symbols' when the boy beside her sucked in a breath. "wait."

hyerim froze, staying quiet to let him continue. instead, jeno's fingers flew across the keyboard, eyes trained on the screen and the tip of his tongue poking past his lips in concentration.

a few seconds later, his gruff voice broke through the air. "look," jeno said, tipping his head in the direction of the screen, and hyerim quickly followed his intense gaze, heat rising to her cheeks in embarrassment for staring at him yet again.

narrowing her eyes at the screen, the brunette read out the words "rod of asclepius." her eyes scanned the page, which was filled with both descriptions and images of the said rod.

"i think this is it." jeno confirmed confidently, dragging his eyes from an image to his own soulmate mark. hyerim nodded, not needing to double-check to know they were the same.

brows still furrowed, she glanced over at her soulmate. "how did you know? that this was the mark, i mean." jeno faced her, going quiet for a moment before rubbing his nape.

"i, uh, remembered seeing it in the hospital. well, something similar." he pointed at the search bar, "i looked up 'hospital symbol' and then found one with only one spiral thing instead of two."

"wow," the brunette breathed, a small smile growing on her lips, "that's really smart. i didn't even notice the symbol in the hospital." blushing slightly at the compliment, jeno cleared his throat and jabbed a half-hearted thumb at the screen. "wanna read what it says?" hyerim nodded, focusing in on the little description typed on the right side of the page.