→ twenty-seven

"why did you say yes?" hyerim asked, voice soft as she gently closed the door to jeno's bedroom

"why did you say yes?" hyerim asked, voice soft as she gently closed the door to jeno's bedroom. after school ended, the couple drove to his house together since sejin was at a piano lesson and the brunette didn't feel like being home alone.

jeno looked up from his spot on the bed, face only describable as a curious puppy. "hm?"

"when i asked you to be my boyfriend... why did you say yes? so easily, i mean."

the boy's brows knit together and he motioned her forward. once she was close enough, he took her hands in his, pulling her between his legs comfortingly. "why are you wondering?"

hyerim shrugged, avoiding eye contact as yoo seoyeon's words played over in her head. it was a ridiculous thing to worry about, especially since they were destined to be together anyway, but something about the it girl's distaste made her uneasy.

honestly, jeno found her pouty expression cute and smiled softly, placing little kisses on her hands. the brunette failed to fight a smile at her boyfriend's peculiarly lovey antics.

the boy released one of her hands to push a strand of her hair behind her ear, his fingers trailing down her jaw towards her chin. "i said yes because you asked me. you, shin hyerim, the girl i had a crush on all throughout middle school, asked me to be your boyfriend."

hyerim would be lying if she said she wasn't a blushing mess, her smile turning shy and flustered. "you had a crush on me?"

"well, i did until you ran over my mom's flower garden—" the girl playfully whined, pulling her hands from his to place them on his shoulders in a sad attempt to shut his obnoxious laughing up. "jenooo, it was an accident! i was still practicing."

the blue-haired boy's eyes softened a bit as he placed his own hands overtop of hers, thumbs gently caressing the softness of his skin. "you know i'm just messing with you." his eye smile appeared for a brief moment before carefully tugging the girl closer between his legs. "why were you wondering? did someone say something to you?"

hyerim shrugged once more, but the annoying feeling in her chest lit up once again and soon she was frowning. "this... one girl in my class. she came up to me when the lesson was over and started asking questions about you and me. like why you even bother hanging out with me and what you could possibly see in me when there are prettier girls and stuff..."

she trailed off, internally wanting to drop-kick the snooty it girl, and quite honestly, jeno wanted to do the same. he scoffed, gaze frustratedly drifting away from hyerim.

"just ignore her. she's jealous. i'm assuming it was yoo seoyeon?" when the brunette nodded, jeno rolled his eyes. "she's been asking me out for years even after i told her i'm not interested. god, what a—"