→ seven

hyerim laid still in her bed, tired from all the tossing and turning that took place prior

hyerim laid still in her bed, tired from all the tossing and turning that took place prior. she found herself mindlessly wondering about her soulmate.

the girl's fingers grazed delicately over a thin mark that appeared on the dip beneath her collarbone the night of her birth. her mom told her that it glowed such a heavenly shade of gold that she cried, but hyerim was convinced was exaggerating.

she wasn't quite sure what it was, but from what she observed, it was a straight, horizontal rod no larger than a full piece of mechanical pencil led. it was painted gold, a color hyerim found absolutely stunning.

besides the line, there was a separate rod of gold coiled around the first somewhat like a twizzler stick. goosebumps rose around her finger as she stoked the mark, a smile plastered over her pink lips.

hyerim had never seen or heard of a symbol like it before, but she loved it. she was almost positive that her soulmate had a matching one, and the girl secretly hoped he loved it just as much as she did.

she wanted to do research on the matching marks with the person who shared it with her rather than looking it up on her own. something about discovering their marks together brought a small smile to the girl's lips, which was why she didn't like showing it to many people.

rolling over with a short yawn, hyerim pulled her hands from the golden tattoo and curled them around her comforter. she closed her eyes, thoughts drifting into the scrambled nothingness that was her dreams.

── 🩹 ──

"hyerim!"

the said girl snapped up from her desk at the sound of felix's voice. rubbing her eyes, the brunette sat up and reached for her pencil.

her morning was a blur. she'd almost missed the bus because sejin couldn't find his shoes, then she proceeded to burn her toast and bump into the front door, which nearly caused a bloody nose. the hand patting her head made her feel a little better, but she still felt like absolute crap.

"do you want me to take you to the nurse's office?" hyerim shook her head, but she couldn't even open her pinched eyes as pain flared in her stomach.

her hands slowly wrapped themselves around her middle as the pain continued. "gosh, i think i'm gonna be sick..."

felix's hand shot up to ask permission to leave, and he didn't hesitate to pull the pale brunette up as they hurried to the restroom. hyerim's weak hands gripped on the boy's shirt to prevent slipping over nothing, and once the girl's bathroom appeared, she sprinted inside.

as she emptied her stomach into the toilet, hyerim tried listening to the voices outside to distract her from throwing up. she hated throwing up. especially when it tasted like burnt, acidic toast.

"hey fe—why are you standing in front of the girl's bathroom?"

"oh, hey soob..." it was quiet, so the girl assumed felix was explaining the situation in private.

after a few more seconds, soobin let out a long sigh. "oh. should we, i don't know, help her out or something?" "how?"

it went quiet again, but then the bathroom door was pushed open, and echoed footsteps approached her stall. and there stood soobin and felix, faces contorted in pity for their suffering friend.

"hey, rim." soobin's voice was soft, which wasn't usually like him. hyerim groaned, leaning her weight against the side of the stall as she weakly wiped her lips with the back of her hand. 

"i'm tired..." her voice was pouty, but the little crack at the end broke her friend's hearts. "okay, okay. when you're feeling well enough to stand, open the door, and felix and i will bring you home."

the brunette felt her eyes welling up. "no, you can't miss class..."

"fuck class. you're our best friend."

with the last of her strength, hyerim unlocked the stall door, and felix instantly opened it with a gentle smile. "come on," he urged in a comforting tone, and the girl didn't hesitate to reach out for two of her best friends.

the boys instantly grabbed an arm each and pulled her up. her appearance took both of them by surprise. she was much paler than before, and a thin layer of sweat coated her face.

felix placed a cool hand to her forehead, which resulted in his already concern-drawn brows moving closer. "rimmie, you're burning up,"

"can you walk?" soobin chimed, hands supporting the quickly weakening girl. she couldn't even open her eyes, but still tried to speak. "y-yeah. i'm good..."

when she attempted to take a step, the brunette's legs gave out and she would have dropped if soobin and felix weren't holding her up. "jesus, i'm taking you home right now."

hyerim tried to argue, but the numbness washed over her and she couldn't even find her voice. "what did you even eat? you look like you're dying." "mmh, feel... like it..."

soobin chuckled and the three continued towards the school entrance. hyerim wasn't even aware they left the bathroom. apparently, they texted seungmin and asked him to inform the nurse of the wavy-haired girl's condition and write her a note.

when she finally opened her eyes, hyerim was surprised to see her newest best friend standing in front of the door with her backpack in his arms.

"here." he handed the bag to felix as he shot a glare at soobin, who hyerim knew was glaring back. seungmin turned towards the girl and she was surprised to see him flash a quick smile. "get better soon, hyerim. i'll take pictures of my notes for you."

the girl opened her mouth to thank him... but instead puked on his shoes.

what the heck, soulmate?

sorry for the late update- i accidentally posted the last part early 🙄👊😩😎🤙

posted the last part early 🙄👊😩😎🤙