→ thirty

jeno bit back a groan, head falling between his palms as he rubbed his aching forehead

jeno bit back a groan, head falling between his palms as he rubbed his aching forehead. the semi-finals were right around the corner, and he didn't feel ready. in reality, the boy was more than prepared to beat his opponents, but the nerves in his stomach made him queasy.

a soothing hand in his hair brought a wave of relief over him, and jeno sat up to face the girl now beside him. "hey, you look tired... everything okay?"

as usual, the two had gone home together and resided at jeno's house where he was suddenly hit with a wave of anxiety. the girl had gone for a glass of water, returning to find her boyfriend with his head in his hands.

hyerim's doe eyes were glimmering with concern, pretty lips tugged in a small frown as her gaze flicked between each of the boy's dark chocolate irises.

releasing a shallow exhale, jeno reached for her hands and sloppily placed them up to his face, her fingers instantly molding to cup his cheeks. the blue-haired boy closed his eyes and allowed himself to just take a breath.

"honestly, i'm really nervous about this hockey match. i couldn't even sleep i was so stressed."

hyerim cooed softly before peppering his face in little kisses, a smile forming on jeno's face as he relaxed beneath her touch. "don't you worry!" she encouraged, voice sweet and sunny. "i'm sure you're going to do great! plus, you have the whole team with you. i've seen how hard you guys have been practicing."

the boy smiled softly and nodded, keeping his hands on hers. she was right, of course, but the knotted feeling didn't disappear.

jeno looked up suddenly, eyes full of wonder that brought a large smile to his girlfriend's face. "you'll be there?" his words came out a lot quieter than he intended, but jeno could practically feel hyerim beaming down at him. "of course i will! i wouldn't miss it for the world."

the feeling faded a bit at her words, and jeno leaned up to give her a little peck on the nose. the girl giggled, not hesitating to toss her arms around him. hyerim could practically feel the boy's heart beating out of his chest and gave him a little squeeze.

"don't worry~" she soothed, giving him little back rubs to calm him. it wasn't a lot, but for some reason, it did wonders for the boy's anxiety.

he let out a long sigh, sinking into the hug and dropping his head on hyerim's shoulder. "we can't lose. we can't." he breathed, voice slightly mumbled by the fabric of his girlfriend's shirt. "this game will determine if we go to the finals or not."

the dragons had won their last game. they made it. if their rivals were going to the finals, they'd have to go and beat them. "if we win, we play against the dragons."