1

flashback:

"Krown, wait." His dark brown eyes stared at me, searching me for any emotion. Any hint of a smile, laugh, cry. But he found nothing. My face was void of anything and everything.

"Mhm. Yeah, what's up?" My voice didn't waver as I returned his inquisitive gaze with a cold one. I needed him to forget me.

"... I hope you have a good time in England. Don't forget us! Don't get too carried away with your fighting." He laughed weakly, his eyes grazing my face shyly. His eyes were downcast and I could see that I had hurt him. I needed him to forget me; the sooner the better.

"I can't promise anything. But I will remember to have a good time." My voice was monotone. I hoisted my backpack on my shoulder and turned to leave, before he could see my lip trembling. Before he could see the skin around my eyes crinkling, or my nose scrunching up. I needed him to forget me.

But, just one last time, I want to see the gentle curves of his face, his soft eyes, his awkward stance. I wanted to see everything one last time, before I left.

Hesitantly, I span around on my heel...

Only to see his back facing me. The distance between us expanding, like a huge canyon. I have never felt so apart from him.

I lowered my gaze and turned forward. Straightening my posture, I continued on my journey, without him.

Without Donald Na.