chapter 17: on our way home.

We got on the train after all the pictures and reporters let us go. Adrien goes to his room and I try to follow but Effie stops me. Effie and I have dinner by ourselves and Adrien doesn't come out of his room. I walk to his room and sit at the bottom of his door when Effie goes to bed. I just sit there and wait for him to come out of the room. He doesn't come out and I just feel useless out in the hall. I eventually fall asleep and have an awful nightmare.

Nightmare

I am running in the arena from a group of bears and mutts and jabberjays. I run to the river and find my cousin laying on the ground bleeding by a trident In his chest. I go over to him and he grabs my arms.

"You were right. We shouldn't have tried to killed yourself. I could have done it before you went into the arena but now I am a dead man," Finnick says. He slowly takes his last breath and his eyes roll back into his eyes.

"NOOOOO,FINNICK! YOU CAN'T BE DEAD, NO," I tell but he doesn't open his eyes. I stand up and run. I get to the spot where I fought Griffin the first time and find three peacekeepers holding guns to my parents and brother's heads. They beg for me to save them but the peacekeepers shoot them before I can hurt the peacekeepers. I run over to my father and he is bleeding through his head.

"I really was hoping for you to have saved us. I never should have gotten my Hope's up," Peeta says. He takes his last breath and I cry over his cold body and look over and see the same from my brother and my mother.
I stand up and run and cry. I find myself on the beach. Look around and find Adrien laying by the water with a syringe of bright red ivy juice in his chest.

"You should have let me die for you. I am now in my room feeling guilty and finding a way to kill myself," Adrien says. I look at him and his body disappears into ash. I cry out and I see a shadow over me. I look up and find president coin looking at me.

"You were suppose to die in the arena now I will do everything I can to destroy your life and all your loved ones. Adrien doesn't even love you," President Coin says. I run at her with my sword but Adrien appears in her place. The sword goes into him before I could stop myself.

"NOOOO. ADRIEN NOO! PLEASE DON'T DIE ON ME PLEASE! ADRIEN," I  yell.

Adrien point of view

I feel a little bad for Diana. I shouldn't have walked away from her because he arm is now made of metal. I don't go out for dinner and now something is outside the door. I can see the shadow it makes. I lay awake for hours and just as I am about to fall asleep I hear Diana screaming for finnick. It sounds really close, her room is pretty far from mine. I open my door and Diana's sleeping body falls to the floor as I open the door. She must have been sitting at the door and fell asleep. I pull her into the room and pick her up and put her on the bed. I try to shake her awake but it doesn't work. It gets worse. She starts yelling out for her dad and then me. Over and over she screams my name with pain in her tone.

"Diana!  Wake up. Please Diana wake up," I yell to her. She opens her eyes and our eyes meet. She closes them.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Do...do you still love me even with my metal arm?" She asks me. I see a tear fall down her face. What would she think something like that. I love her more then anything.

"Why would you think that?" I ask her.

"Because you ran away and wouldn't come out to dinner. I thought you came in here because you couldn't stand being around a girl who is a little bit robot now," Dians says with tears going down her face. I kiss away the tears and look her in the eyes.

"I would never leave you. Even if we had kids and they were part robot," I say. She smiles and I laugh.

"Can I sleep in here with you tonight?" Diana asks me.

"Of course. I have missed your warm embrace," I say. She smiles and goes under the covers. I go in next to her.

"Adrien, if I told you that the president might make our lives a living hell, would you still be with me?" Diana asks me.

"Of course, we always fight together," I say. We slowly fall asleep holding each other, ready to battle the nightmares waiting for us.