Chapter twelve: Family differences

Diana's point of view

I slowly open my eyes and a bright light shines on me. Am I dead? I don't think so. I wasn't hit in a spot of my body by griffin to be dead. 

"Look who is awake," Says a boy. I finally can see clearly and see Griffin. I try to move my hands to punch him in the face but I find them tied behind my back. I glare at griffin. 

"What have you done? Where is Adrien?" I ask him. praying Adrien isn't dead. 

"I don't know where your boyfriend is. You are more important then he is," Griffin says. 

"What do you want from me?" I ask him. I already know the answer though. To kill me. 

"I want you to try and convince your parents that they made a mistake when they pushed my father out of their lives," Griffin says. I wasn't expecting that.

"How can I do that?" I ask him. "I am stuck in this arena with you," I say. 

"Do you know where we are right now?" Griffin asks me. 

"By a stream, why?" I ask him. 

"This is where your mother found your father. I have to say, I thought you would know that," Griffin says. 

"How was I suppose to know that? It is forbidden in my home to watch my parents games. I would not have known that anyway. How did you know that?" I ask him. He turns around and as he looks away from me; it gives me a chance to dislocate my thumb and slip my hand out of the rope. 

"I watched them over and over. I tried to see if you had any similarity that I could use when we went into the arena. I know how every victors kid feel that they need to go into the arena and prove themselves that they are like their parents. I knew you would be coming into the arena one day and I volunteered in my district so that I could get my fathers revenge for him," Griffin says, He turns back around with big metal claws in his hands. "You are going to help me convince your parents to confess they were wrong for turning away my father and your mother needs to say she loved my father more then yours. Can you do that for me?" Griffin asks. 

"Sure but I want to tell you something, come here," I says. He leans in his face close to mine. I take my hands out from behind my back and punch him in the face. He stumbles back and is starteled. I untie my feet from another thing of rope. 

"How did you get out!" Griffin demands in anger. 

"I dislocated my thumb. Did your father not teach you that?" I ask. I run up to him and punch him in the stomach. He stagers back. 

"Your dead!" Griffin says. He runs up to me and slashes at me with his metal claws. I dodge a few but then I trip over my own foot and fall to the ground. This is the end. I know it. I know I can't look weak so I glare a Griffin but that doesn't stop him from slashing my stomach with the metal claws. I cry out in pain. He then turns me onto my stomach and slashes my back. I cry out in pain again. 

"I am sorry but I must leave you here to die. I will leave your weapons too. You won't be able to get them anyway. You can't even move," Griffin says. I hear him walk off and I turn my head to see which way he went but stop when it makes me cry out in pain. As I think these are my last few minutes alive I just wish that Adrien wins and goes home to his family and mine. I hope he tells them how much I love them. I close my eyes and let the darkness of death take me. 

Adrien Point of View

I wake up and look to where Emer slept. He isn't there. I get nervous thinking someone found him. I climb down the tree with my stuff and start looking around. I find Emer grabbing berries off of a bush.