Chapter14: The first and maybe only date

It's been two days since the feast and Adrien is fine and walking around. His throat is bruised with a handprint. I feel really bad about him going out there and fighting for me. When he woke up we ate what food we had left and we were going to go hunt the next morning but it started raining. We have been starving in this cave together fighting the rain. When he sleeps I take the ivy juice out of my hiding spot I have it in and just stare at it. I say something like thanks to Finnick or something for my family like I love them and will miss them. I am still trying to find a way to say goodbye to Adrien and make sure he wins before he can kill himself and I die. I have some idea but am not fully sure about it.  Right now I am starving and Adrien is sleeping. I am holding the ivy juice in my hand and close my eyes. I sit there for a little while till I hear a dinging sound coming from the opening of the cave. I slowly go over and grab the parachute. The parachute is holding a picnic basket to it. I open it and find lamb stew, bread, cheese, and strawberries. There are plates and silverware but I don't think we will need it. I bring it back to the inside of the cave and I kiss Adrien's head. He slowly starts to wake up and he looks at me. 

"Hi beautiful," He says. 

"I am not beautiful you know," I say. I take the stew out of the basket and a paper falls out of the basket as I take it out. 

We knew you two were starving and it was about time you had a date. Even though it could be your only one. Diana, stop it, please. You know what I mean. Your families love you both. 

Effie

"You are beautiful, don't ever doubt that," Adrien says. He goes up to me and hugs me from behind. Before he notices the paper, I put it in my pocket. 

"Effie suggested we have a date," I say with a smile. 

"Well if that's what she desires then I must ask properly. I would have asked for your parent's permission first to take you on a date but I can't so, Diana Melark will you do me the great honor of going on a date with me?" Adrien asks me. 

"Of course," I say. I grab his hand and we sit on the cave floor. I open the stew and pour some in a bowl that Effie sent. I give it to Adrien and he begins to slowly eat. I pour my own bowl and start eating. I get done with my first bowl of stew and grab a piece of bread. I break it and find little chocolate chips in it. My dad would make me bread like this when I would go out hunting by myself. 

"My dad made this bread," I say as I put some in my mouth. 

"Really? How do you know?" Adrien asks. 

"Because there are chocolate chips in it and my dad would only make that when I went out early," I say. He puts his hand on my face and wipes something off of it. Was I crying? 

"Was I crying?" I ask him. 

"Only a little. You miss your family don't you?" He asks me. 

"Yeah, they are all I have to live for and you of course but," I say but stop myself. 

"What were you going to say? I know you wanted to say something," Adrien says. 

"I was going to say that as I grew up all I really knew was how to protect myself but I can't protect myself from my feelings. I have always pushed my feelings in a small spot in my mind and lock them. I was taught to never let feelings get in the way of surviving unless the feeling is instinct," I say.  

"You should always try to feel something. If you didn't then how do you know that you love me or your family," Adrien says.

"You know I love you more than anything," I say. He looks into my eyes and I get lost in his. He pulls me close to him and our lips touch. He falls onto his back and I begin to pull off his jacket as we kiss with passion. He begins to pull my shirt off but I stop him and pull away from his face.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask.

"Yes. If I don't get to do it with my one true love then I won't ever do it," Adrien says. I smirk and kiss him again. The audience is going to love this but I don't care about them. This is going to end tomorrow and I will never get to be as free as I am now. My parents are probably pissed with me at the moment and yelling at the TV. My brother is probably to grossed out by seeing his sister making out with her love in the hunger games on TV that he went to bed. We kiss more and more and the rest of the night blurs into something we may never forget. We forget about what will happen tomorrow when we win the final fight and it's just us left.