Chapter 64

My hope is being hold only by a thin straw, exposed to the outside world to be cut by the slightest bad new shall it pass throught it.

The cold breeze of December could already be seen due to the snow all over the courtyard, where before lots of kids were seen playing with it, making snow balls fights, snow angels, now, the snow remained unbothered, completely naked and sleek to the sunlight, making it almost shine from how smooth and untouched it was.

Draco kept his promise, and so did I, the very next day after our conversation, he appeared in the Great Hall, in the morning, and by my surprise, he sat in front of me, but didn't spoke a single word, of course he eat nothing more than a simple green apple, but it's better than nothing.

He always waited for me to finish eat to accompany me for class.

That's how it's being in these few last weeks, we sat, in front of each other, checks if the other eats, and leave without saying a word.

His cheeks have gained a color, he wasn't as pale as before, wether it's from the cold wind or the fact he's eating healthier it's not clear.

My cheeks have also gained color, making me look like a bit more like before...before all this, my cheeks always in a flush pink, highlighting my freckles and green emerald eyes.

The Carrows have been way more vigilants when it comes to catch the students that are against the regulament.

I walked into the classroom, Amycus was like usual, standing, watching all the students sitting down in the places quietly.

"Today, we will learn about the Cruciatus Curse." Amycus said firmly. "Is one of the most powerful spells in the wizarding world, and like you know, when it's casted it inflicts intense excruciating pain on the victim, like some have already tested the effect of it." Amycus eyes looked over Neville for a straight second.

"Hey, Malfoy..." I heard Seamus, who was sat in front of me, turning his head to Draco, calling for him. "Malfoy." He said loudly enough for him to hear but not Amycus.

Draco, annoyed, turned his head to Seamus, and questioned with his gaze what did he wanted.

"How many people have your father tortured this week?" He said abruptly.

Draco's hand around the quill got tight, and his jaw clenched, but he diverted his eyes from Seamus, trying to ignore what else he got to say.

"And how about your mommy." Seamus asked firmly, and these words made Draco stood up, but didn't even gave a step forward as Blaise grabbed his robes tightly, forcing him to sat back down, while Draco's gaze was fixed on Seamus, filled with anger, his neck vein almost popping out at the rage accumulated in his body, and his hands were now into fists.

"Mr. Malfoy..." Amycus said noticing what happened, and Blaise finally managed to sat Draco back down, but his gaze never left Seamus. "Is it something wrong with Mr. Finnigan." He asked pacing slowly to be front to front with Seamus.

Draco looked at Amycus and Seamus, letting the rage being washed over his body, while he took his time to speak.

"...No..." He said coldly. "It's nothing." He said diverting his eyes from the two of them, his lips still in a firm line, and his veins still visible.

"Very well..." Amycus said in a disappointed tone, probably for not being able to punish Seamus. "Let's continue our class then." He said firmly, and focused again on the class.

He came to an halt and pulled out his wand to point at the chalkboard and started writing everything he was saying.

"The Cruciatus Curse was invented during the early Middle Ages, it was presumably created for torture purposes but it was very effective in duels..." Amycus said firmly.