Chapter 24

Me and Draco went to the Astronomy Tower like usual, this time together, and talked for hours, most of time I said it was better of he would heal his cut at Madam Pomfrey, but he always refused.

As I arrived back to my dorm, I found Charlotte still awake, sat in her bed, reading a book, and stopped as soon as she saw me, something tells me she was just waiting for my arrival.

"So, I saw what happened at dinner." She said with a suspicious smile on her lips, as I slowly walked over my bed.

"How did you saw it, you weren't even there." I said.

"Everybody was already gossiping in the hallways, I had to see it myself, so I ranned towards the Great Hall." She said, and I nodded.

"Well, hold your sermons, I know what you're going to say." I said calmly, as I sat down on my bed.

"Sermons? Why do you think I'm going to give you sermons?" She asked softly.

"Well, you're going to say that, Malfoy is a violent and evil person, bla, bla, bla." I said amusingly, showing I'm already used to hear her say these words.

"Actually, no." She said calmly, with no hint of sarcasm in her voice, which let me both curious and confused.

"What do you mean, no?" I asked firmly.

"What I mean is..." She took a deep breath. "You told me before Malfoy is different with you and I believe you now." She said firmly.

"But why now? What made you change your mind?" I asked furrowing my eyebrowns.

"Well, I noticed a few days ago, and I suspected of something, but after what happened at dinner, I'm sure..." She said firmly, but still letting me even more confused than before.

"Sure? Sure of what?" I asked abruptly, urging for a straight answer.

"Oh, it's nothing." She said amusingly, she's clearly enjoying my confused face, ans frustration for not knowing what is she talking about.

"You know something I don't know, tell me now!" I shouted firmly, at her who was now layed in bed covering herself in the sheets.

"Oh you'll find out...eventually." She winked at me, before she completely layed down to sleep.

I let out a frustrated groan, and let me body fall onto the mattress, as my mind tried to decipher whatever she meant with her words, trying to find something in them that would find me a clear answer.

Something that happened at dinner made her change her mind, but what?

I replayed every single thing that happened there, but, I couldn't find anything, good, that would make Charlotte suddenly change her mind about Draco.

{☆~☆}

Me and Charlotte went together to lunch next day, while I tried to make her tell me what does she knew that I don't, but she refuses to tell me no matter what, and insists that I have to find out by myself.

"Lara, for the last time, I will not tell you, so please let me eat in peace." Charlotte said in a annoyed tone.

"You can eat in peace if you tell me." I said.

"Lara, please, for the next time I won't tell you anything at all." She said firmly.

"But-" She cut me off with a finger in front of my lips.

"Do you hear that noise?" She asked and removed her finger on my lips.

"Yeah, it comes from outside the Great Hall." I said, focusing my attention at the entrance.