Chapter 45

I didn't slept, I didn't even got to close my eyes as Draco's words were replaying and replaying in my mind, haunting me.

I stood up from my bed, it was dawn, Charlotte was still asleep, and I walked towards the bathroom, to see me.

What have I become? What terrible path had I choosed to end up here? What have I done wrong? Why can't life bring me some peace for just a day? Why is it always that I am recovering from a tragedy, the fate presents me another one? Do I deserve all this? As some type of lesson?...

As I saw myself in the mirror, I didn't just saw my face, I saw my mother in the other side, some sort of memory but not quite...

"You are a disappointment." My mother's reflection said firmly, as tears started to appear in my eyes, and, suddenly it wasn't my mother anymore, but my father.

"I can't stand to look at you, you're just like her, get away from me." He said coldly, and I stared to silently sobb, and then, my father's reflection, transformed in someone else, this time Matthew.

"You're a fucking liar, you deserve to be alone, and that's how you will end up." He said firmly and Matthew's reflection started to transform into someone else again, his brown hair staring to get blonde, his blue eyes turning grey, his features looking younger, until I could realize it was Draco who was now reflecting in the mirror.

"You disgust me, always thinking the best of people, so stupid...I'm fucking tired of you." He said firmly, showing me a disgusting face, and I cried out. "Do you really thought I cared about you Blackwell...were you really that naive?" He asked and I heard voices and voices inside my head, I was panicking.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I yelled, my voice breaking into cracks as I did so.

"Useless!" A voice spinning in my head said.

"Liar!" Another one.

"Fragile!" The voices didn't looked like just voices, it hurted my brain, like a thousand needles going in and out of my brain, all almost in simultaneous.

"Stop!" My eyes were closed, my palms were covering my ears, as my nails almost craved inside my head, I felt my ears almost bleeding, I fell to my knees in pain and suffering, praying to this to stop.

"Lara?" I heard a soft voice among all the yells and insults cursing my memories, craving inside my brain. "Lara, oh my god what's wrong with you?" The voice was familiar, but so were the others, and I could barely distinguish them.

"Stop! Stop! Someone make this stop!" I begged while intensely sobbing.

"Lara open your eyes!" The soft and calming voice shouted, and I slowly opened my eyes, I saw a figure in front of me, my vision was still blurry from my tears staining my eyes, but I could see some curly hair, could feel soft small hands grabbing my shoulders, and the figure seemed to be speaking, but I couldn't quite decipher, I was still trying to shove all the pain caused by the voices who were now fading away.

The tears accumulated in my eyes, blurring my vision, decayed to the floor, gathering with the others already there spread in the cold marble floor, and I could see Charlotte, and not long after, I came to myself, as the voices vanished.

"Lara! Lara! Merlin what happened?" Charlotte had tears in her eyes as well, looking quite worried about me as she was kneeled in the floor as well.

"I, I..." I was struggling to speak as I was still sobbing.

I looked up to the mirror, Draco had vanished, there was nothing there but my reflection and Charlotte's, it had been al from my head, I had imagined everything, I was being haunted by my own mind.