Chapter 39

Weeks passed by, and still, I wasn't able to conjure a Patronus, almost all the class was able to do it, only me and Neville were left  you now.

Draco is trying to get my smile back, he tells me what he knows about stars, and I like it, but not enough to pull a smile on my face.

I'm barely with Charlotte lately, with classes and the D.A. lessons, besides being with Draco every night, I hoped I could tell her why my absence, but I can't.

"So tell me, how's everything going?" Charlotte asked softly, as we both walked together in the hallway, walking straight to our classes.

"About what?" I asked calmly.

"Well I don't know, you have been busy from what I see." Charlotte said amusingly.

"Yeah I am been busy..." I said trying to get some excuse. "I'm just taking some time for me." I said softly.

"Oh...I'm sorry, I didn't know you were still so affected by your mother." Charlotte said in a apologetic tone.

"Don't worry about that, I'll be fine." I said softly, even knowing that was a bit of a lie.

"And...about Matthew, how's things going with him?" Charlotte asked softly.

"They're going good, I think we finally are back to normal." I said softly.

"Are they really?" Charlotte asked amusingly, and I turned my face to see her smirking, which made me rase my eyebrown in curiosity.

"Hmm yes, I think so, why do you ask?" I asked.

"Well, it's just, I really believed in you both become more than bestfriends..." She said softly, and I surprised myself, but didn't replied. "Speaking of that, how's Draco?"

"He's good, thanks for asking." I said softly.

"I'm surprised how he didn't do anything that got you mad at him." Charlotte said amusingly, but I didn't take it as a joke, quite the opposite actually, and I rested my face in a firm line.

"No, quite the opposite actually." I said coldly, little does she know Draco has been helping me more than anyone else is.

She let out a sigh at my response, and we walked towards classes.

{☆~☆}

Despite Umbridge's firm rules, these last few days have been going better than I thought they would, I have been calming down, trying to do what Draco's tells me too when it comes to think about my mother.

"Alright, let's keep practicing the Patronus charm, most of you still have lots to improve, and some still need to perform it." Harry said firmly at all the students of the D.A.

Most of them could already make a full-bodied Patronus, and some could just make small shield forms, and I was among neither of them.

Harry quill went to my side, to watch me trying to perform a Patronus.

I remembered the words Draco told me, to see her memories of how happy she was, and not how her life was taken away from her so soon.

I took a deep breath, and steady my feet on the ground, focusing my mind only in my memory and my memory alone.

I raised my wand upon in the air, and pronounced the words very clearly and effortly.

"Expecto Patronum!" I shouted, but no silvery-white light appeared.

"Okay, let's try again, remember you need to be focused." Harry said softly, and I nodded, ready for my last try.

"Expecto Patronum!" I shouted effortly again, and just a little light, something more like a colored wind, a small wave of a silvery-white light, appeared in my wand, but quickly disappeared, this wasn't even a shield forms, not even close, but was something.