Chapter 53

Nothing much happened for the rest of holidays, not that I was going out of my dorm that much, my father sent my a letter writing that he was doing fine - which I knew it was probably a lie - and that he went to mother's grave, in the birthday of her death.

I stayed in my dorm the all day, crying, it's been a year, a year since my mother mother passed away, a year since she left my father and I.

It passed so fast, it seemed like it was yesterday that I was sat besides her bed, while she was slowly dying, but still managed to smile and tell me her childhood stories, like if nothing had changed...

But so much had changed...

I wish I had went with him, and change the flowers that were now dead, to new ones, the flowers from our field that she took so much care off.

But in that day, I was surprised by a pair of flowers that showed up underneath my dorm door.

They were yellow flowers, my mother's favorite color, they reminded me of the old times when I always bringed my mother a yellow flower that I took from our field as a gift.

I always got sad when they died, they're petals started to get darker, until the dazzling, intense yellow was swallowed by the dark, and it died.

I started crying, staining the flowers with tears, I couldn't be here, in this very room, even the smell of the flowers remembered me of her, I had to take some air.

I ranned away from my dorm, having no idea were to go, I just let my feet guide me, as my eyes got blurry with tears.

I knew this day would come, I knew that it was going to be hard when I realized how many time had passed without her presence, when I truly realized she wasn't coming back

I found myself going up to the sixth-floor bathroom, nobody uses it, therefore I would be alone, alone while attempting not to fall into the despair and madness my whole word had become.

As soon as I got there, I didn't even bothered to check if I was alone, I needed to get all this emotions out of me, something I don't do for quite a time, specially alone.

I placed my hands on the edge of the sink, supporting my body, and I looked myself in the mirror, seeing what have I become, what my choices had lead me to.

My green emerald eyes were now red, as well my cheeks, my features didn't looked like my mother at least, when she was healthy, she didn't looked as thin as I look now.

I sobbed even more, getting my vision blurried with tears, I just wanted her back, nothing has been going well since she left, this world needs her, I need her.

And no matter how much I suffered or cried, she would never come back, she's in a better place, surrounded by astonishing clouds, looking down at where I was, a place in ruins, surrounded by fire, that slowly was swallowing me.

"Oh...wait it's you?" I heard a voice coming from the shadows, and I gasped as I looked from where the voice was coming from.

I wipped the imense tears that were in my eyes, letting me see more clearly, all the doors from all the different toilets were open and a ghost was floating from one of the toilets, and it wasn't just some ghost, it was Moaning Myrtle.

I was so distracted, that I forgot that she is the ghost that usually is in the bathroom, specially the sixth-floor, where she lives, that's why nobody comes here.

"Hmm, hi Myrtle." I said and cleared my throat. "I'm sorry to bother you in your bathroom, I'll just..." I tried to steady my voice but instead it kept shaking.