Aglow

Taylor got up early in the morning, excited for a new start. It was 4 am. The flight from New York to London was 7 hours. (I did a lot of research for this chapter)
    "Are you ready for it?" Matt asked her. (Yes I started singing too)
    "Maybe. I don't want to wear a disguise forever."
    "Someday they'll forget all about you. You're just the current thing." Taylor grabbed her purse and her cat. Since they were all at her apartment, she didn't have many things.
    She was planning on getting a job in London and buying new clothes. She missed her old clothes and photos, but she had the memories.
    "I'll miss you," Matt said. She was about to go through security at the airport and he had to leave.
    "I will too. I'll keep in touch." She hugged Matt. They lingered, neither of them wanting to let go.
    "Good luck."
    "Bye," Taylor walked away. She was immediately intimidated by the security. They could figure out who she was.
    "You're already cleared." A man near her said. She recognized him as one of her security guards. This calmed her. She was just another person going to London. (Unrealistic that she wouldn't go through security but go with it it's fiction)
    She sat alone on the plane. There were almost no people on a flight to London on a Sunday, surprisingly.
    "What would you like for breakfast?" A flight attendant asked as she studied the menu. It was a 6-hour flight, so she would be having breakfast and lunch on the plane.
    "I'll have a cheese and sausage biscuit with fresh fruit." She gazed out the window, watching her city get smaller. She was expecting something to go wrong getting on the plane, but nothing did.
    She read a few books and watched TV as she ate. As she was scrolling through her phone, she began to look up London. She was planning to move to Primrose Hill. There were many restaurants around there to grab dinner at.
    "I'll have the grilled chicken with potatoes and vegetables." The flight attendant brought her lunch. The flight was almost over.
    Taylor began to look into places to work. She loved being a poem writer, but she would be found easily. She saw that there was a club where people performed original songs and became excited.
    She wanted to have a simple job that didn't take up all of her time but still paid well. She decided to figure it out later, and focus on reserving a hotel to stay at.
    "Welcome to London." The pilot said. They landed at an airport, and the passengers gave a round of applause to the flight attendants and pilot. Taylor got her purse and Meredith and walked out of the airport.
    It was a bustling city full of life. Taylor got into a taxi cab and told the driver where her hotel was. He turned on the radio.
    Taylor felt like she was in an opening credits scene of a movie. She watched people walk in crowds as music played. The village was aglow.  Meredith looked out the window. She was a curious cat in a big world, (I've watched Miss Americana too many times I can quote it)
    "Take care." The British driver said. His accent was hard to understand, but she would have to get used to it. She gave him some pound sterling, which was the money used in London. She had gotten some the day before.
    She dropped her bag on the hotel floor. She started to think about Tom but put her broken heart in a drawer. London was a new soundtrack.  She could dance to this beat forevermore.
        It was 4 pm in London, but 11 am in New York. Taylor slept in her hotel room for a while, hoping to get rid of any jet lag. She became hungry at 1 pm New York time, and decided to try to adjust her meal times. It was 6 pm in London, and it looked like she would be there for a while.
    She grabbed fish and chips for dinner, leaving Meredith at the hotel with food. She had looked up regular British foods and those stood out to her. The waiter had a hard time understanding her, and she had a hard time understanding him. They laughed about it. They were so different.
        She went back to her hotel to learn about London customs. She was amused at how different America was. She learned that "fancy a cuppa" meant "would you like a cup of tea" and "bloody" meant "very." This would take some getting used to.
I like this chapter bc I've wanted to visit  London since Tays song London Boy
Comment and vote 😊
No clues bc the next chapter doesn't have song references
I tried but none really fit
See you in a little 💛💛