Love

Fiona had the night to think about it, and she wasn't sure why Alison and Matt had left together. They could have been friends helping each other, or using each other as rebounds.
        Fiona spent a long time deciding what to say to Alison. There were plenty of mean things she could say, but she didn't know what had happened.
        She went to work early. After eating breakfast, she went to the door. Alison hadn't shown up yet, and Fiona wanted coffee.
        The elevator door opened, and Alison walked out. She was engaged in a deep conversation with Matt. Fiona eavesdropped on purpose.
        "So tonight?"
        "Of course. I can't wait." Matt responded. He went to his office. Alison turned to Fiona. Fiona raised her eyebrows.
        "Calm down. We're just helping each other with our breakups. Nothing is happening."     Fiona decided to believe her. She was being childish, and mean.
        "What's my first job?"
        "Get me a chai latte at Starbucks, please." After Alison left, Fiona went into Matt's office.
        "Fiona. How are you?" He seemed much more cheerful.
        "Good. Are you ok?"
        "I'm fine. The breakup was 2 weeks ago."
        "That's just 2 weeks," Fiona responded. There was no way he was over it.
        "I know you have a crush on me." Fiona was speechless. Anything she said next would be wrong.
        "Do you want to go out with me for lunch?"
        "Let me think about it." She left his office as quickly as possible.
        "Will. Matt just asked me out." Fiona giggled.
        "Stop it. Really?" Matt asked seriously.
        "Yes." She blushed.
        "It's been two weeks. Did you hear his poem last night? He is not over Jess."
        "Speaking of which, where is Jess?" She asked.
        "I think Abigail fired her." She began to skip.
        "Stop. Do you realize that he is using you? Once he's over Jess, he'll see going out with you as a big mistake. Is that what you want?" She was silent.
        "Matt is my best friend. He's in a bad place right now, and dating you wouldn't help him."
        "I don't have to listen to everything you say," Fiona said.
        "Ok. But don't be mad at me when it goes downhill." She went to Matt's office.
        "I'll go out with you. Where do you want to go?" She asked Matt.
        They went to a simple place and ordered food. She smiled at Matt.
        "Are you going to the gala in 4 months?" She asked him.
        "I wasn't invited."
        "You could be my plus one." She scooted her chair nearer to his.
        "Ok." She felt like he wasn't listening to her. She was ready to date him and fall in love, but he was only tolerating her.
        She looked past this. This was what she wanted. She leaned into Matt. He put an arm around her unconsciously.
Comment feedback
🎶Use my best colors for your portrait🎶- Tolerate it by Taylor Swift
Don't forget to vote to let me know if this was good or not