Run

Fiona put on a brown sweater with black pants. It was chilly for once, even though it was 90 degrees the night before. The weather was all over the place. It had snowed on her date with Matt, then turned hot at the gala, then it was cold again.
    "Hey," Tom said as she stood by the door. He was wearing a t-shirt with jeans and a jacket. His face was red.
    "There are people with cameras outside of your building."
    "That's such an invasion of privacy. I'm not a celebrity!" She was immediately angry.
    "I know. But there's not much we can do about it. They know you live here, so a disguise wouldn't do much." Fiona reached for sunglasses anyways to hide her face. He put sunglasses on.
    "They stress me out." She said on the elevator.
    "Me too." He grabbed her hand. She wanted to tell him to never drop it.
    "Fiona!" Cameras went off as they went outside.
    "What do you have to say about Matt?"
    "Why were the police chasing you last night?"
    "Are you going to meet the parents?" Tom opened the door for her, and she got in, locking the door. The cameras continued to go off. He got in, and they drove off.
    "Shouldn't I have security or something?" She asked.
    "Yes. I'm scared for you." The paparazzi was following their car. A police car came.
    "Are they here for us?" Fiona asked. She was beginning to feel the same feeling she got when Marjorie yelled at her.
    "No," Tom said as the paparazzi drove away.
    "Why not?"
    "I got called by them this morning. I convinced them to let us off because all of this attention is enough punishment." They drove up to a restaurant.
    "They're not here. Let's get some food to go." The people working in the restaurant recognized them.
    "It's Fiona Adams and Tom Hart!" A waitress exclaimed. Tom calmly asked for food. They began to prepare it, and Tom sat next to Fiona.
    "You're all the rage on the news today." The hostess said.
    "Did you hear the police are on their side now? They kicked the paparazzi out." A customer whispered to a friend as they walked out.
    Fiona felt millions of stares on her and Tom. She wanted to cry. She had always hated attention.
    Tom reached for her hand and squeezed it. People began to get their phones out and record.
    "Your food is ready." Tom got their food, and they walked out with their heads down. The paparazzi weren't there, but Fiona had a feeling they would be.
    "I know how you feel," Tom said softly. Fiona noticed that his eyes were a calming blue.
    They got to the beach and laid out a blanket behind large rocks, hoping to not be seen.
    "Can I know a few things about you?" Tom asked.
    "Sure. I guess you don't know anything about me." Fiona watched the waves crash on the sand.
    "I know you write poetry. What do you do for fun?"
    "Hang out with friends or listen to music." She responded.
    "What do you do? I was reading an article that was talking about you, but turned my phone off."
    "I'm a paralegal. I feel like I've seen you before. I go to this club every Friday for a slam." They discussed the slam, and how it was crazy they had never met before.
    "It must have been fate we met." Fiona smiled at his cheesy line. She climbed up on one of the rocks.
    "Are you sure? People can see us up there, you know." Tom called after her.
    "It's like you said. It's bad enough already." He climbed up with her. They continued to talk until the cameras went off.
    Fiona looked next to her, and paparazzi were stationed at the edge of the beach. The lifeguards weren't letting them in.
    "Let's go." Fiona grabbed Tom's hand. Just grab my hand and don't ever drop it. She thought. She knew places they wouldn't be found.
I love I Know Places
Clue
🎶Every day is like a battle🎶- New Romantics by Taylor Swift
Don't forget to vote and comment feedback 😊