Sinking

Tiny disclaimer- italics (this type of writing) is either a memory or someone thinking. Hope you enjoy!
Waves crashed around Fiona and Alison as they stood on their ship. Alison fearlessly jumped into the ocean. Fiona saw her blonde curls bounce as she swam through the blue paper.
Their ship was made of cardboard, and Fiona had a fake eyepatch on. Pirates was their favorite game to play. They just didn't get why everyone told them that girls couldn't be pirates.
Thunder boomed as Fiona heard heavy footsteps coming towards her door. Alison steered the cardboard box into the closet.
"Fiona!" Her father's voice boomed. Fiona began to cry. Alison hugged her tightly, and tried to make her stop shaking.
"I'm going out! I'll be home at 8!" The girls knew that this wasn't true. Her father wouldn't be home until the next day. He would show up drunk and yell at Fiona.
Fiona's mother had left a long time ago. She hadn't even tried to get custody of her little kid. This still hurt Fiona. It made her wonder if no one wanted her.
They heard the door slam shut, and they opened the door to the closet.
"I think your house is haunted." Alison said, making them both giggle.
"You should come live with me. Then you won't have to cry or hide." Fiona shook her head. It was really sweet, but she would get in even more trouble with her dad. The doorbell rang.
Alison's mother, Andrea was there. She waited for them to clean up, and for Alison to put her shoes on. She noticed that no one else was home.
"Do you want to come over for dinner?" They lived next door to each other. Fiona refused politely. She didn't want to throw away food, and her dad would be mad if she didn't eat the pizza that was already in the house.
She watched them leave. Alison skipped alongside her mom, and Fiona closed the door. She turned to throw the pizza in the oven.
Fiona looked back on this memory sadly. That was just the beginning of her troubles. She had only been seven years old. Even though she had known Allison her entire childhood, she could only remember her blonde, curly hair.
After a long 18 years, she had gone off to college, which was equally terrifying. Her mental health had crumbled, but she finally felt like she could breathe the day she graduated.
She was staying at a hotel in New York. She never wanted to be anywhere near Pennsylvania ever again. She was on the search for a job, and an apartment.
The city lit up around nine every night, and she would go out for a walk. She liked to try and clear her head, instead of watching TV and freaking out about her job interviews.
Fiona glanced at herself in the mirror before walking out. Her short, black hair was one of many things that she had always hated. She had cut it after her dad pulled at it. She tried to grow it out, but got so stressed that her dad was going come back.
The circles under her eyes had gotten darker every day. She put on makeup to cover it, but they were still there at the end of the day.
She shook these thoughts off and rode the elevator down to the lobby. She stepped out into the night air.
She went to her favorite place for dessert, Frosting. They put frosting all the way through all of their desserts, and she loved that. It made the dessert not as dry.
After ordering a mug cake, she sat at her usual table. She gazed across the street at the tall building. That was her dream place to work.
They wrote poetry there, and Fiona had always been creative. She had always heard that each floor were people with different jobs. She wanted her own office.
A man in a suit stepped out of the building, coming towards the dessert shop. He's getting off work late. She thought. He looked tired.
His eyes were a dreamy blue. She felt like sinking when she looked into them.
Other girls noticed how handsome he was. They all swooned over him as he walked by. Fiona imagined him talking to her.
He ordered the same thing as her. Her order was ready, so she stood in line behind him. He gave her a small smile before sitting on the other side of the room.
She blessed. She had just pictured living a whole life with him. What a stupid fantasy. He would never like her. She wanted a real love that was really something, not just the idea of something.
She described fantasies as gold rashes. She hated and loved them. She stared at her mug sadly.
"Matt!" Another man in a suit came and sat by Matt. Fiona finished her mug cake and left. She didn't want to eavesdrop, and there was nothing stopping her if she sat there.
When she was almost at the hotel, she felt the presence of someone behind her. She had gotten too good at knowing if someone was following her.
She walked more quickly, hoping to make it to the hotel before having to confront her stalker. She looked behind her and it was a man in all black with a gun.
She froze. She was at the hotel door, but she felt a gun against her head.
They say your life flashes before your eyes before you die, and this was happening to Fiona. She remembered her childhood. Everything she had spent years in therapy to forget.
She heard a loud thud, and the gun was removed from her head. Someone had taken her stalker down.
She turned to see Matt and his friend calling the police as they kept her stalker down.
"Are you ok?" Matt asked. It took her a moment to realize that he was talking to her.
"I think so." Her hands were shaking, but she felt a little better. She gazed into Matt's eyes again.
Joe Alwyn's middle name is Matthew so I named someone Matt
Taylor Swift's middle name is Alison so someone is Alison
Taylor's mom is Andrea
And Fiona is random
I'm actually proud of how this chapter turned out. It's kinda long, but there was a lot to say. Taking inspiration from folklore-Stan13 , here's some lyrics that are clues to the next chapter. Please vote and comment feedback!
🎶 I'm captivated by you baby, like a firework show🎶
🎶 I see sparks fly🎶